Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,671   Posts: 1,481,812   Online: 1171

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Nikon FM3A

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    If I need a manual Nikon camera I will get a FE over FM3a and save my money to good medium format. FM3a is outrageously overpriced and full of features not a manual camera user really needs in this age. In fact I have three FEs and in one of them I installed FM3a’s K3- bright screen. FM3a is a good choice for collectors not users.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stormbytes View Post

The FM3a is a terrific little camera. Its solid. Doesn't 'need' any batteries (except to work the built-in meter). Its reliable, well built and basically bullet-proof.
    It does need batteries for apreture priority as well. At least mine does..

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by al5256 View Post
    In fact I have three FEs and in one of them I installed FM3a’s K3- bright screen. FM3a is a good choice for collectors not users.
    People who don't use an FM3A may believe it is not a good user camera but it's dead on accurate TTL flash metering (along with all the other advantages already stated) as well as it being much newer then it's siblings make it more useful then collectable.

BTW, that is a smaller font size but capital "A" . . . ;-)

Too bad it didn't inherit the slower shutter speeds of the FE2.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a couple FEs, FE2s, I want to add a FM3a for everyday shooting.

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one FM3A and it's great: feels like a "traditional" camera wilst keeping some of the "must haves" of "useful" cameras: aperture priority or TTL flash. It is built like a rock and when you add one of those grips that were sold by third party companies it handles great. Without a grip, and given it's mass, it handles rather poorly.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin