Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,732   Online: 861

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

ok, I didn't need it, but now I've got an F4s..

Well, it was my birthday and who could resist a mint boxed F4s? I hope my F100 and Fm3a don't get jealous
    I was expecting the autofocus on the F4 to be perhaps a tad slower than the F100 but I really can't tell the difference, mind you I almost always us MF Nikkors anyway, and for that I get matrix metering, mirror lockup, viewfinder shutter, vertical shutter release, a real cable release socket automatic AND manual film rewind (for those mid-roll rewinds to leave the film sticking out), aperture indication in the viewfind with manual nikkors and it's built like someone really cared about making it last. Whew!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I miss my F4s. Sob..sob
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, its quite a machine. I'm an Olympus OM guy but I always wanted to use an F4s with some of the remaining Nikon lenses I had, especially the 105mm f1.8. Really balances well with that lens.

I bit the bullet on an ebay auction for one, later serial number and haven't looked back. Lately I've been playing with focus screens and thought maybe I should pick up another F4s... just to set up with my "U" screen. The F4s are indeed made to last!

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Matrix Metering of my F4

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nonsense, of course you needed it
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Congrats. I've owned at least six F4's. Am using my fourth one currently. Came up for sale last Xmas, and I immediately bought it back. Replaced the original MB-21 battery pack with the smaller MB-20 pack, though.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    As much as I love my F100, there are features as you've mentioned that the F4 is far superior at. Mirror lock up, 100% viewfinder, cable release socket, and it's built like a tank! I'm surprised that you found the AF comparable between the two. My F4's AF is so slow compared to my F100. Anyway, have fun with your new toy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm with ya Xtolsniffer. Not on the birthday thing but on the "new" F4S. I'm sitting here now trying to figure out how it works with the SB-28 KEH just delivered... Stay tuned, this will definitely require a new thread. Oh man do I have questions....

Happy Birthday!
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Funny...I was actually wanting an FM2 and I found an F4e and accessories at a price I couldn't turn down.

I'm really glad I got it. Sure it's heavy, but it's well built, solid and so well thought out. Matrix metering even with old lenses...manual rewind...mirror lockup...and an actual shutter speed knob!

I've owned FM2's, F90x's, and a glorious F5. But this is a great choice, if you're going to shoot 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nikon F4s I think is the best handeling camera of the last 20+years.

Bought mine yonks ago and just recently got an M20 battery pack for it so using it more.

Now allI need is an F, F2, F5 and F6 to make a complete set
    Stack of 35mm stuff, some 120 stuff and lots of other junk to make it work

Keep it simple. ~ Alfred Eisenstaedt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin