Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,942   Online: 901

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Might be outside the budget limit but the Canon Canonet QL17 GIII f/1.7 is one I've been considering. See the auction site. I'd get one that's been cla'd and has a warranty.
    "Get over it."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought an Olympus XA in 1980, specifically for motorcycle traveling.

It takes superb transparency pictures if so desired, however with negative film you can make brilliant enlargements.

Basically the day I purchased it I wrapped it in a clean cotton rag, I then placed it in a small zip lock type plastic bag. It has been wrapped like that ever since.

It has survived so awful weather.

The backlight lever is brilliant for changing the shutter speed when in a hurry.

I just weighed mine, 238gm without a film.

It's also great on a pushbike.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    All of the Canon Shureshot cameras are great little cameras. I have a couple that I take along on biking trips.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Olympus Stylus Wide (28-80) All-Weather since '99. It has been pounded, scraped, accidentally submerged, and has had a tonne of film through it. It looks bad and still takes great photos. I bought two more off the eBay Olympus site for about $15.00 each to use as back up, but the 1st one just keeps going.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My Ricoh GR1v is by far the best pocket film camera I've ever used. I've tried Contax T-series (too chunky and slow), various Olympus including the XA and more modern zoom cameras and Canon models and none of them come close. The Ricoh fits perfectly in a pocket has great manual controls and a very sharp lens with better colour fidelity than my Leica Tri-Elmar. The 28mm fixed lens is both a benefit and a drawback and you'll either get on with it or you won't but for landscape work it's superb. Only the poor viewfinder and relatively small exposure window (1/30 to 1/500) lets it down but even here the T mode enables good low light shots with a tripod. The ability to focus at the hyper-focal distance enables rapid shots where slower auto-focus pocket cameras would be hunting around.
    My website: Light Work

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an Epic Stylus with the f/2.8 35mm lens in my pocket right now. It's my carry everywhere camera. I have only one complaint about it, and that's being you have to dink with buttons to turn the flash off. Id rather it had a memory of some sort to remember that setting. But really, that's it. Maybe a Canonet with the dedicated flash as your other choice, but it only takes up to 800 speed film where the Stylus takes up to 3200.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hello,

Gotta second the Oly Stylus. Great little cameras! Get one that zooms and you'll never leave home without it. Small enough to throw in the pocket of your jacket. They must be the exception that proves the rule about p/s cameras. Even though I shoot Nikon, Minolta and Leica, you gotta respect that Zuiko glass!
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I love the Minolta Hi-Matic G as well as the Trip 35. Also the XA-2

Shooter
    35mm
    I've got a Minolta Explorer Freedom Zoom 35mm P&S camera that fits the original requirements -- retractable 28-70mm zoom lens, rounded shape, etc. (here's one seller with a photo of it.) I've not done any formal tests, but my impression is that it produces sharper photos than the other small cameras I've got. It's an all-automatic camera, though; if you want manual control of focus or exposure, you should look elsewhere. I'm also not sure what the maximum aperture is, since it's not marked and I bought mine used on eBay without a manual. I generally load ISO 400 film in mine.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yashica T4, Nikon 35ti/28ti
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin