Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1293

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I took your look at the thrift shop to heart this morningand ended up with a Pentax IQZ 140M for $4.00, A Fuji 1000 Zoom for $5.00 including manual and soft case,and an OlympusMulti AF with manual and case for $4.00. All three came with fresh lithium batteries. My daughter glomed the Pentax -the smallest of the bunch and has shot half a roll through it . Cant wait to see the results from the new trio.
    Rick

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I second the vote for a Canon Canonet QL17. I bought one last year and have been very happy with it. It travels well as it's small enough to fit in a jacket pocket or belly pack, but not a pants pocket. I takes magnificent pictures though and has full manual control, even if the battery is dead.
    Louis
    (Paladin1420)

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Get a Zeiss Super Ikonta in good shape (e.g. from certo6 on ebay). That's a pocket 120 6x6 folder.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Olympus XA would fit the bill. I have a 16X20 enlargement hanging on my wall done with mine. Sharp lens, easily fits in pocket. Closes up in clam shell case. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    the olympus xa is one of the best compact pocket cameras.
    the konica big mini and the konica a4 as per rosie have fantastic lens and are i believe one of the great internet bargains. at 20-50 dollars.
    konica is a really underrated company.
    if you are rich my choice for the smallest greatest most expensive is nikon 28ti amazing build quality and matrix metering,and the smallest of them all the lovely minolta tc1.

Shooter
    35mm RF

Pocket camera

Here's a vote for the rarely seen Rollei Prego Micron.

Has a very, very sharp 30 mm Schneider lens with auto focus that retracts into the body, doors then close over it for protection. Super thin camera, for which Rollei was very proud in their flyers twenty years ago.

Not many made, I think, because a zoom lens model quickly followed and then the digital tidal wave rolled in soon after that.

But it's a favorite of mine with a surprisingly accurate auto meter system and a little automatic flash somehow built in as well. It's only 4 1/2 inches long, barely taller than a 35mm film cassette. It truly fits in a shirt pocket and lives in a glove compartment. I go everywhere with it, Tri-X inside.

Frank

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm one of those who bought a camera from Rosey not long ago. My Konica Big Mini looks absolutely new and works perfectly. An Olympus Stylus might have been a tad bit smaller in size but the Konica is great for my needs and the lens is absolutely first rate -- just outstanding.

Rosey's a nice fellow to work with and the transaction was perfect.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an Olympus Stylus Epic and a Ricoh 500 GX. Both small. Epic smaller and very sharp. Ricoh a little bigger and sharper.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Rick - sounds like you picked up a olympus stylus.. is it the one with the 35mm f3.5 lens? Very nice camera. You will be happy with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stylus Epic f:2.8

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin