Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,494   Posts: 1,543,014   Online: 746

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I took a Rollei 35 with me to Philmont (the original style one, made in Germany), backpacking in the New Mexico Sangre de Criste range in the Rockies. At times it sat at the bottom of a 45 lb backpack, and got rained on, beat around etc. The slides I shot with it came out beautiful. The Zeiss Tessar is very sharp, The meter is great, and the focus is accurate because I put a calibrated scale on the back, and use my eyes as a rangefinder.

It's more rugged than it looks, and gives great images, If you can stand the guess-focus/uncalibrated rangefinder. Highly reccomended.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I take my XA everywhere!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yashica t4 without the dateback
    probably the best p/s camera you will ever find.
    we used ours so much that the focusing system stopped
    working. we got a oly stylus as a replacement, which is nice,
    and we got it for like 20$ NIB and shipped, but it didn't
    really compare to the t4 ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have a Rollei Prego AF with the 3.5 35mm Rolleinar lens. It's a four element, four group lens and cuts a sharp enough image for my tastes. I bought it to replace a stolen Yashica T4.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    The Olympus Stylus/mjuII is unbelievably small and light for a full frame 35mm camera. I have the fixed focal length version which is a very capable lens. A niggle with it, as has been mentioned, is the hassle of having to keep turning off the flash, which it seems to like to use at every opportunity. That I can live with, but what is more of a problem are the light leaks that some of these seem prone to. A web search with throw up quite a few comments on this issue, mainly relating to light creeping in around the lens barrel(s) of the zoom version but mine lets light in where the seal is very thin near the eyepiece. This results in a smear than can intrude beyond the film edge into the picture area. I've tried extra light-proofing to no avail. I have a wide selection of P & Ss, thanks to thrift/charity shops and none is the perfect answer to the problem. The closest is probably the Konica Lexio 70W, which has a 28 - 70mm zoom lens, has many features, is small and has clamshell construction. The failing of mine was that the shell-operated on/off switch packed up, though I was able to cure the problem.

Steve

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin