Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,663   Posts: 1,481,649   Online: 803

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by happysnapper
    Someone named a camera after me? I'm touched.
    I too carried an Olympus XAII on a trip to Europe and took hundreds of pictures. The ease of use and the quality made me also a happy snapper. I still have the camera. If you want you are welcome to borrow it. Then you'ld be known as (happy snapper)².

Sam
    Its all about the image, not the process.

happy snappin snapnsam?

Are you trying to hurt someone here with that, or do you just like the way it sounds?

*post edited by admin*
    Last edited by Sean; 07-02-2004 at 03:15 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Do not question what you have not done, question what you will not try.

Sam,

I see that we are in the same burg... do you remember the little camera shop that used to be in WC several years ago??? There was a photo group that organized out of that area too, but it was so many years ago that I can't remember the name... local folks mostly, way before the computer! We may have been at the same store at the same time way back when, way before the computer. Remember sales clerks actually counting back your change? Remember using change?

Ray
    Last edited by happysnapper; 06-28-2004 at 04:06 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ooooooooooops, missed a word

Quote Originally Posted by happysnapper
    Sam,

do you remember the little camera shop that used to be in WC several years ago??? Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes I do remember that little shop. It was in the lane beside the building that now houses Nordstroms, I think the building was named Bullock's at the time. I loved that little camera shop. The service was great and so were the owner and the customers that came in there. Most of all I remember the group of customers that arranged the local photo trips. I may be wrong, but I think they also called themselves 'The Happy Snappers.' They gave me the nickname 'Snap'n Sam.' If you went along on any of those excursions I've probably met you. btw: I live in WC and work in Lafayette.

Regards,

Sam

Sam...

THANK YOU for jogging my memory! "Happy Snappers" was the name exactly! You would think that I of all people should have remembered that one! I do sorta remember a guy named Sam too, I think. If I recall correctly, there was a field trip that involved getting over and around the barbed wire at the Lafayette Reservoir, long day's worth of shooting and a bunch of skinny dipping photo hippies sometime after the sun went down and the EBMUD trucks went home. I cannot tell you about of the photos done that day, but the laughter was unbelievable! I think you might have been the guy with the 8x10 and the best vintage beverage if I am not mistaken. I wonder whatever became of all those folks. I was not able to participate in too many of the trips, but the discussions and critiquing was incredible. Did you used to have a ponytail?
    Wow, what a small damn world!

Ray

Hi Ray,

Yes, I do remember that trip like it was yesterday, but you forgot to mention the posion oak in the bushes at the resevoir. I'm not the 8X10 guy, I believe his name was Tom something. I had muttonchops and was shooting a 2X3 Century Graphic. Those were fun times. I wonder how many of those people are on APUG and how we could contact them. Any thoughts?

Sam
    Last edited by snapnsam; 07-05-2004 at 09:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: correct word choice

If memory serves...

Oh yes, now I remember the poison oak... I guess I blocked that out of my brain, sort of like Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome. I never thought I'd walk again, much less figure out how to perform bodily function without touching anything "crucial". I don't know how we could find the folks here at APUG, unless they just happen to scroll on through and read this. Do you think there is a cyber Milk Carton we could put faces on to report them missing?
    Boy, that was a fun group though, no giant egos, no "know it alls", no single person trying to run the show, just a bunch of " Happy Snappers" dedicated to making photographs and sharing ideas... sigh, a more perfect world, pre-Bush, and post-cheap wine.
    Do you still have the 2x3? I still have my Kodak Medalist that uses 2 1/4 x 3 1/4 cut film from way back when, what a great camera!
    Anyone else here know any of these folks from the area???
    Thanks,
    Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This may be a strange choice, but I like the Yashica/Kyocera Zoom 105 EZS. Even my wife loves it...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin