Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,887   Posts: 1,520,687   Online: 1109

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    2F/2F,

I meant that Q.G. is right in saying that W and V are pronounced differently in German, but with those exceptions I hinted at.

I don't share the view that in German a W is changed into V qua pronunciation, but Q.G. only hinted at "English comic versions" of German.

I have not been to Wiesbaden so far; maybe I learn a bit more on the W and V there.

For the rest, 2F/2F why not come over from your gig at Edinburgh to that german Wurstbude for a sausage as Q.G. proposed?

Rol Lei Nut,

I'm a Canon user too. As well as 2F/2F.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    2F/2F,

Rol Lei Nut,

I'm a Canon user too. As well as 2F/2F.
    O.K., I Let some deep prejudices take over...

I guess nice Canon users do exist.
    ;-)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    The only answer to the question "How do YOU pronounce 'Wein'?" is: Any way you want!

"Wein" in German meaning "wine" is pronounced like English "vine" - no regional variations I am aware of. On the other hand, as far as I know, the well-known jazz promoter George Wein is/was always anounced as "George Wheen."

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin