Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,728   Online: 891

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JPD View Post
    "Top con" sounds suspicious...
    The Topcor lenses, sold along with the focal-plane shutter Topcon cameras in this country for many years by Charles Beseler, are outstanding in every way. Biggest drawback was the Exakta lens mount. Optical quality and mechanics were superb. But they were not cheap, to be sure.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dpurdy View Post
    Tamron is pretty good. I have one for my Nikon and it is at least as good as the Nikkors. Maybe better.
    What he said. Tamron XR AF-D f/3.5 28mm to 300mm compares to the Nikon AF-D 28mm to 200mm. The Nikon has a slight edge because zoom lenses with narrower zoom ranges are slightly sharper.

Steve
    Last edited by Sirius Glass; 05-11-2009 at 08:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin