Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,876   Posts: 1,520,254   Online: 1129

Shooter
    35mm

Source on Nikon 35mm lenses

Hi All,

Does anyone know about Internet sources on tests of the Nikon 35mm wideangle range?

Thanks in advance.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try this guy; I trust his opinion far more than any technical tests.

http://www.naturfotograf.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    photozone.de has tests that are done with digi cameras. Popphoto.com also reviews lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning;

While Slumry's trust of Bjorn Rorslett's opinions about Nikon lenses is valid, Bjorn evaluates those lenses for a specific application; usually macro photography or at least close-up photography. Bjorn's standards for a lens may not apply to your use of a Nikkor 35 mm lens. When reading Bjorn's assessments, you must keep that in mind.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    35mm
    Try these links: http://www.nikonlinks.com/equipment_lenses_general.htm

I've found the Dave Reuther lists to be especially useful.

Good luck,
    George

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Navy - He's not looking to buy, he's looking to read tests of Nikkor lenses.

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon 35mm lenses

There are many threads in the Nikon forum on photo.net on this subject. There is a new 35/1.8 Nikkor for DSLRs with the aps size sensor. Before that the only 35 AF lens was the 35/2. There were many more manual focus Nikkors. I have a 35/2.8 'K' lens which I find very sharp. This is the one I use most often. I have a late model 35/2.8 AI which is somewhat more compact and still good. I have a 35/2 Nikkor O which is very sharp but doesn't have the most modern coating. Finally I have a 35/2.8 PC Nikkor. Mine is the second to last version. I haven't used it very much but from what I've seen it is a good lens. It just isn't as fast to use as a non-PC type. From my owm experience I feel that the 35/2.8 lenses do not deserve their bad reputation. The 35/1.4 lenses appeal to some people more than others. They are large and expensive and are not supposed to have such good performance wide open. Eventually I would like to get a 35/2 AI or AIS for use on my AI bodies. The 35/2 Nikkor O has not been converted to AI so it's not convenient to use on the AI bodies with flip-up tabs. All of my experience with these lenses is with film cameras. If you intend to use the lenses with a DSLR you may have different results.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to all of you.
    Serge

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin