Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,738   Posts: 1,515,535   Online: 1066

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by nicefor88 View Post
    The blades of your lens might be stuck at f4, hence the overexposition...
    /agree.. if the film is over exposed, that is the first thing to check. Set the lens to its smallest aperture, flick the lever and make sure the blades snap closed with no hesitation.

Other possibilities: problem with mechanical linkage... can you try the lens on another camera? Light entering the finder from the eyepeice.. try covering the eyepeice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by halopes View Post
    It could be a problem with the batteries - I suppose they are quite old. But then again, if this was the problem, shouldn't I get wrong exposures with all lenses?
    Try taking the batteries out and cleaning them and their contacts.

The FTn has a battery check function, which should tell you if the batteries are o.k.

As in my previous post, a bad contact in the meter switch (and possibly elsewhere, like the battery compartment) can give battery test o.k. Higher light level metering o.k. But lower light levels well off (2+ diaphragms)

Maybe the light transmission difference between your f/2.0 and f/4.0 lenses isn't enough for that effect to come into play, but your case seems to merit taking *everything* into account.

If you do get it successfully repaired, please do post here what the problem was!

Best wishes!
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by nicefor88 View Post
    The blades of your lens might be stuck at f4, hence the overexposition...
    If that were the case, shouldn't I get correct readings at f4?

Shooter
    Holga
    I'll try another set of batteries tonight.

I'll let you know tomorrow.

Thanks.

Shooter
    Holga
    I hadn't had the chance to try the batteries but I've ordered new batteries already and I'll try them as soon as possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin