Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,677   Online: 736

Shooter
    35mm

Ricoh KR-5 shutter not opening... :(

Hello everyone,
    my Ricoh KR-5 was working fine until this afternoon when I tried to take a picture; the shutter button would press down, but nothing happened. I checked to see if I had forgotten to advance to film, but it was already advanced. I ended up having to cut this roll of pictures short so that I could look inside to see if something was blocking the shutter, but I couldn't see anything. The inside looks pretty normal to me.
    So, the shutter won't open, and I can't advance any film that I put into the camera.
    Has anyone ever encountered a similar problem to mine? If so, were you able to fix the issue?

Thanks for any advice,

Alex

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have you checked the battery?
    I've got a KR-10, which won't fire without a battery installed, so your KR-5 might be the same...
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm pretty sure it's not the battery. The batteries are brand new this week, and I was able to play around with the shutter before I had put batteries in.
    Thanks for the suggestion though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah... sounds like it's a mechanical problem rather than an electrical oddity then.
    Hope you can get it sorted out soon.
    Lens caps and cable releases can become invisible at will. :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin