Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,732   Online: 1086

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

Exposure compensation

Just a reminder. You might want to check your exposure compensation setting. I had set my F801 to -2 stops exposure compensation for a spotlit stage performance several weeks ago. Of course I didn't notice that it was still set until I rewound the roll for processing. Luckily I did notice, because we are going on vacation in a week. Still lost about a half roll, I assume.

I'm kind of surprised the exposure compensation warning is as weak as it is. My pentax cameras flash LEDs in your face when it's on, on this thing there is just a tiny little flag on the main LCD.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I hate that about my N80. Not so much exposure compensation because I'll usually check that, but I leave it in spot meter a lot and that does not agree with Kodachrome 64.

Shooter
    35mm
    Why do you suppose it doesn't agree wit Kodachrome 64? I just loaded up my first roll of Kodachrome ever for vacation this weekend. I figured on leaving the camera on matrix, at the DX speed, and hoping for the best. It seems to expose Sensia and E100 just fine, is there anything funky about exposing Kodachrome?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Why do you suppose it doesn't agree wit Kodachrome 64? I just loaded up my first roll of Kodachrome ever for vacation this weekend. I figured on leaving the camera on matrix, at the DX speed, and hoping for the best. It seems to expose Sensia and E100 just fine, is there anything funky about exposing Kodachrome?
    Presumably because the chances of the spot meter being randomly pointed at exactly the right spot would usually be pretty low?

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh. I suppose.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Enjoy your first roll of KR64! If you can expose other slide films fine, you shouldn't have any problem with Kodachrome. Just set it at 64 and use matrix metering, at least your first time. Some people have a different EI that suits their shooting style (like 80) but I wouldn't recommend doing that unless you decide you need to based on experience. I don't find KR64 any harder (or easier) to expose properly than E6 films.
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    Presumably because the chances of the spot meter being randomly pointed at exactly the right spot would usually be pretty low?
    The whole point of a spot meter does have something to do with pointing it at exactly the right spot....
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    The whole point of a spot meter does have something to do with pointing it at exactly the right spot....
    That was my point exactly, if you'll pardon my pun.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgetting that you have autoexposure compensation dialed in is a very good reason for using manual exposure settings when you need to go off the camera's chosen autoexposure. That's what I've done with autoexposure cameras for the last 3 decades. (But I very rarely shoot autoexposure in the first place.)

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yes. The spot meter goes where the spot meter goes, and my 18% grey may not be in the middle of the image. It's very narrow in the exposure latitude department; it requires careful contemplation. OTOH my AE-1 in shutter priority worked fine...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin