Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,873   Posts: 1,520,138   Online: 887

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by McFortner View Post
    Yep, it is very, very dead. So if you have any 35mm film floating around in your home, send it to me and I'll put it in my fridge, I mean Morgue, for you!

Michael
    Since you say it's dead, send me your cameras. You won't mind anyways...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Szabo View Post
    It's made in China, like almost everything else sold at WalMart. Not sure what else you would expect from a company whose inspiration is Chairman Mao.

I refuse to enter a WalMart or Sam's for that very reason - even if I get to pay a little more elsewhere, at least I'm not supporting the treasonous Walton family.

... and, I read labels, avoiding Chinese goods when it's possible.
    Not only am I awed by your stupidity in that post, I'm also appalled, and offended.

Partly because not all Chinese-made goods are bad (I've actually came across some that are pretty decent), and the other reason? I'm a three-year Walmart associate.

You need to study Sam Walton a little better if you think that's all what he was about. He wasn't about importing stuff and selling it cheaper because of it being "imported from China." That's far from the truth.

In fact, there's a LOT more product at Wal-Mart that's made in U.S.A. than you think.

I'll just leave it at that.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by srosenow_98 View Post
    Not only am I awed by your stupidity in that post, I'm also appalled, and offended.

Partly because not all Chinese-made goods are bad (I've actually came across some that are pretty decent), and the other reason? I'm a three-year Walmart associate.

You need to study Sam Walton a little better if you think that's all what he was about. He wasn't about importing stuff and selling it cheaper because of it being "imported from China." That's far from the truth.

In fact, there's a LOT more product at Wal-Mart that's made in U.S.A. than you think.

I'll just leave it at that.
    I appalled that you would advocate conditions that are once removed from slave labor. As far as Sam Walton goes, he dead. Plus, in the 80s he pushed the Made in U.S.A program. I guess that flew by the way-side when Sam died and K-Mart got beat down.

Shooter
    35mm
    Boy, where to start? I currently live in a small college town, and I remember when the local WalMart came in back in 1997, a lot of small businesses here disappeared. I understand that something similar happened here in the 1970s when Kmart moved in (that was before my time). So, I don't boycott Chinese goods specifically, but I do make an effort to shop at locally-owned businesses if possible. Having said that I think it's great news that WalMart is stocking a 35mm SLR with a 50mm lens!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin