Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,726   Online: 796

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul VanAudenhove View Post
    Marko, I'm assuming you want to stay with Nikon. In that case I think you should look at the F100, if you want to replace many of the features of your F5. Or, look into an F3 and pick up a flash bracket for it to give you that old style press photographer look.

And I agree with Jim, in this case spending less is more.
    I would go with the F3, but my flash is made for AF Nikon cameras. I'm thinking I'll buy a Leica III and a N90s.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Didn't you kill a Spotmatic a year or two ago?
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The meter broke, the camera still works.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Best thing about the F4 is that its the Nikon "rosetta stone" in terms of bridging the gaps between all the Nikkor lenses and some other accessories.
    If you aren't looking to preserve your ability shoot lenses from the 60s along with the current AF-S types and you liked the F5, another F5 or an Exc F100 makes more sense.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would go along with the F100 as I think it's the best value in cameras right now except for one thing: if you killed an F5, the F100 doesn't have the rear seal that the F5 has. Yes, your SB-600 will work on the F4. I have both an F100 and a F4 and I use the F4 more; it just feels good - all controls are in the right place for me. You should try out as many of these cameras to find the one you like the best, buy it, and use it! Maybe invest in some rain gear next time out in the elements; of course, it is a good excuse to buy another camera-------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not to sound like "I told you so" but there is no excuse for losing a camera to rain...rain covers are easily available and cheap. The cheapest insurance policy you'll buy, apart from filters!

I'd suggest keeping room in the budget for this. I know they've saved my keester a few times.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Have you looked into shooting medium format? Once I discovered how nice it is to have a larger negative, I haven't touched a 35mm camera. The F100 was my last 35mm camera and it was wonderful.
    "Stand your ground. Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here."
    CAPT. John Parker, Massachusetts Militia. 19APR1775

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyMoose View Post
    Have you looked into shooting medium format? Once I discovered how nice it is to have a larger negative, I haven't touched a 35mm camera. The F100 was my last 35mm camera and it was wonderful.
    I considered MF for a while, but the camera size and features don't really suit my style of photography. In addition, the camera and films are a lot more expensive, and I don't normally enlarge past 11x14.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko,

You could probably get a Pentax, Mamiya, or Bronica 645 SLR for not much more than a Nikon F5.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Marko,

You could probably get a Pentax, Mamiya, or Bronica 645 SLR for not much more than a Nikon F5.

Tom.
    Tom,

Those cameras are nice, but they just don't suit my style of shooting, they're a bit too large, and I already have Nikon lenses and a flash.

Marko
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin