Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,182   Online: 697

Shooter
    35mm

Pentax LX lug clips

I've used the LX for years now, with an Op/Tech carry strap because said strap has metal lug clips. I want to get a new strap and would like to acquire the original LX lug clips to use with a strap of my choice.

I've been given to understand that many LX users don't like the LX strap with the lug and clop configuration; presumably they don't use the LX strap? If so, is any LX user out there willing to part with said strap for a suitable sum? I'm looking for the lug clips themselves and would readily consider them without the strap itself.

Thanks,

Bill Tallman
    wtallman@olypen.com

Shooter
    35mm
    I've always understood that the special LX clips were the only ones you could use for a strap on the LX - which is why I keep a spare set. I believe that they're not that easy to find. E**y might be your best bet if no-one here has a spare set, I've seen them on there occasionally but they weren't cheap IIRC

Shooter
    35mm
    Couldn't you just cut the metal clips off your Op-tech strap and then lace whatever strap you like through the slots? Or is it the metal bits you don't like, rather than the strap itself?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Thirsty View Post
    Couldn't you just cut the metal clips off your Op-tech strap and then lace whatever strap you like through the slots? Or is it the metal bits you don't like, rather than the strap itself?
    Yes to both.

Yes, I could salvage the metal clips, and yes, I don't like the metal clips.

I got this thing (LX) serviced, and when it came back, I was suddenly aware of the tackiness of those metal clips... well, I had to reinstall them, and I found myself seeing them as somehow garish. But that was okay, because they'd been very functional, so I set my distaste aside.

And then the damn strap started to slip off my shoulder. Couldn't have that, of course. So now I'm actively pursuing a solution here. The most obvious is to get the original clips, but I'm starting to see that there's another solution. Paint the metal clips black, although exactly how to do that remains to be seen.

One thing I've learned is that it's very difficult to un-notice something, and I don't want this to become something that bugs me when I'm out hunting images.

Thanks for responding,

Bill Tallman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wtallman View Post
    Yes to both.

Yes, I could salvage the metal clips, and yes, I don't like the metal clips.

I got this thing (LX) serviced, and when it came back, I was suddenly aware of the tackiness of those metal clips... well, I had to reinstall them, and I found myself seeing them as somehow garish. But that was okay, because they'd been very functional, so I set my distaste aside.

And then the damn strap started to slip off my shoulder. Couldn't have that, of course. So now I'm actively pursuing a solution here. The most obvious is to get the original clips, but I'm starting to see that there's another solution. Paint the metal clips black, although exactly how to do that remains to be seen.

One thing I've learned is that it's very difficult to un-notice something, and I don't want this to become something that bugs me when I'm out hunting images.

Thanks for responding,

Bill Tallman
    The ORIGINAL Hasselblad strap fits perfectly on the LX, as the Hasselblad is a much more heavier camera, it will certainly do the job for a LX!

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    The ORIGINAL Hasselblad strap fits perfectly on the LX, as the Hasselblad is a much more heavier camera, it will certainly do the job for a LX!

Philippe
    Thanks for this!

There are lots of ads for Op/Tech straps like the one I have, with the same metal lug clips. But there is one strap I found at
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...rap_for_H.html
    that appears to have a different kind of lug clip. If it is advertised to carry a Hasselblad, I doubt I'd have to worry about the LX.

So far, I've not been able to get a good look at the lug clip on the original Hasselblad strap, which I presume is the thinner leather version offered on Ebay and elsewhere. Any suggestion as to where I can find a picture of those clips?

Thanks again,

Bill Tallman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The one you showed on the B+H site is for the "H" series (= D***L), what you need is the one for the "V" series, the so called ANALOGUE models.
    Here is one for sale on e*****y
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/Hasselblad-Sangle...ayphotohosting

Philippe
    "...If you can not stand the rustle of the leafs, then do not go in to the woods..."
    (freely translated quote by Guido Gezelle)

PS: English is only my third language, please do forgive me my sloppy grammar...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by leicam5 View Post
    The one you showed on the B+H site is for the "H" series (= D***L), what you need is the one for the "V" series, the so called ANALOGUE models.
    Here is one for sale on e*****y
    http://cgi.ebay.fr/Hasselblad-Sangle...ayphotohosting

Philippe
    Okay. Unfortunately, the clips on the ends of that strap are identical to those I already have. What I'm at least tentatively concluding is that, whatever else might be available, the clips suitable for my purpose are the shiny metal type I'm trying to avoid.

In any case, thanks for your suggestions.

Bill Tallman

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin