Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,827   Posts: 1,582,082   Online: 915

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Vivitar Macro Focussing 2x Teleconverter

I picked up a "Vivitar Macro Focussing 2x Teleconverter"
    Does anyone have any comments on them?
    Are these only for macro use or can you use them on tele lenses?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got one that I use on my Olympus cameras. I haven't used it for distance work but I find it to be a good quality and very flexible aid for close focus work.

FWIW, I don't own any macro lenses for Olympus.

Here is a link to an interesting discussion on another forum:

Vivitar macro converter thread.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

It's a doubler. So you use it with any lens you can mount to the camera. One note, as it doubles focal length it also reduces any aperture by one stop; 4 becomes 5.6, 11 becomes 16. Have fun with it.
    Last edited by Christopher Walrath; 05-18-2009 at 07:30 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a high quality 70 elemnet 2x macro focusingh teleconverter. Works best with primes. There is also a similar non-macro 7 elemen teleconverter made by Kiron (Kino Precision Instuments). Both are very good and made by Kiron.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Vivitar is a good 7 element 2X teleconver. It is basically the same as the Kenko. When Hanimex bought out Vivitar in the early 80's they sold the rights for the 90mm f2.5 S1 macro and the 2x macro teleconverter to Tokina who introduced their copy of the macro lens under their own name, and the 2X macro teleconverter under the Kenko brand.
    The manual can be found at
    http://olympus.dementia.org/manuals/Vivitar-MFTC.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin