Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,480   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Rollei Prego 70 is a nice little P&S. I've used one of these off and on for several years. It has a 2x zoom -- 35mm-70mm. Sharp lens, small boxy body. Good camera.

My wife had an Olympus P&S. A very sharp lens but a horrible viewfinder -- among the worst that I've had the misfortune to use.

Years ago, my wife had a Canon Snappy something with a fixed-focus lens. It was a piece of junk.

The Rollei AFM 35 is an excellent camera although overpriced for what it is (advanced P&S). It's not as costly as the Rollei QZ cameras, which are large cameras with full autoexposure, aperture- or shutter-priority autoexposure or full manual with shutter speeds running from 16 seconds to 1/8,000 (that's right: 1/8,000).

When it comes to high end, Leica had a number of P&S cameras, as did Kyocera under the Contax name.
    Last edited by elekm; 05-18-2009 at 10:20 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: fixing verb tense ...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    I looked for a Rollei Prego 80 but none were on ebay right now.

I found a Nikon Lite Touch 70 for $35, including shipping, Buy it Now, and decided to go with that for now.

I now remember that the camera my wife lost was a Pentax IQ Zoom, 30-90 as I recall.

Sandy
    If you look at a picture of the Rollei Prego zooms, and look at pictures of the same-era Samsungs with the same specs, you should see they are identical. FWIW.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Rollei AFM 35 is an excellent camera although overpriced for what it is (advanced P&S).
    Actually, I got mine pretty cheap 2nd hand: for about 20% of what I'd have paid for a Contax T2 or T3. Less even than I'd have paid for a Yashica T4.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have an Olympus Stylus 120 camera with 38-120mm zoom and ED, resumably extra-low dispersion, lens. I haven't used it that much since I bought it but I've been really impressed with the image quality off it. I do second the tendency towards red-eye though but a good lab, even 1 hour, should correct that for you. We do where I work!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Anscojohn View Post
    If you look at a picture of the Rollei Prego zooms, and look at pictures of the same-era Samsungs with the same specs, you should see they are identical. FWIW.
    They were probably made in the same factory John, It's what's called "label engineering" It's so they can sell the product with the most prestigious name at a higher price.
    Ben

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    sandy,

did you check the rolli prego 90 or 120?
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    They were probably made in the same factory John, It's what's called "label engineering" It's so they can sell the product with the most prestigious name at a higher price.
    Not forgetting that Samsung bough Rollei a few years ago, 1992, and are partly responsible for asset stripping the name

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Not forgetting that Samsung bough Rollei a few years ago, 1992, and are partly responsible for asset stripping the name

Ian
    I didn't know that Ian, however I do remember stocking Fujica and Nikon video camcorders in my shop that were identical in every way, and the Nikon one was £100 more expensive.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love my Black Olympus Stylus Epic. Great pictures!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    My wife owned a point and shoot 35mm film camera for many years ... it was a fairly high quality Pentax with a nice zoom lens.
    Sandy:

I recommend (and still use) the Pentax IQZoom 928. 28-90mm lens!

http://cgi.ebay.com/PENTAX-IQ-ZOOM-9...3286.m20.l1116

If you found a used one on Ebay from an individual, it would probably go for $15.
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin