Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,981   Online: 785

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The FT2 has its ASA dial on the shutter speed ring, so, luckily, you won't have to deal with that. To dismantle the top cover:

Open camera back, use a screwdriver to hold the rewind shaft in place (insert between tines on fork), then unscrew the rewind knob/crank assembly. Make sure that you don't lose the washer and the leaf spring.

Use the sticky side of a piece of velcro to loosen the cap screw on the wind lever. Once the screw is removed, use a spanner to unscrew the nut that holds the wind lever to the body. There is a blackish colored round metal spring underneath. Remove that, then pull the wind lever.

Next, remove the nameplate. It helps to remove the lens first, so the nameplate will clear the coupling ring. You may have to contend with two small brass sleeves, depending on if your body is chrome, or black, and, if black, how early in production it is... Set those aside with the nameplate. Finally, remove the screw above the hinge for the back. Pull upward, and the top cover should come off. The hot shoe will still be connected by a wire, so just let it hang off to the side, then move the wire or piece of felt out of the way. It's most likely the power wire for the meter, which goes over the prism to the power switch next to the winding shaft.

Over the past two years, I've torn apart many Nikkormat bodies, usually for spare parts. Currently am working on resurrecting a somewhat decent looking FTn that needs a meter and reassembly, but otherwise works. Got another FTn that has a dead shutter, all the parts I need, and a working meter. Then, I've the Frankenikonstein project, which is a combination of an FT and an FT3. The plan is to have an FT3 that looks like an FT or an FTn externally, but with the AI coupling.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    ^And the ability to run the silver oxide battery as opposed to the mercury ones as an added bonus!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I may leave the larger battery box in place. Thinking that the FT3 battery box may go into my chrome FTn when I get the body overhauled.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin