Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,074   Online: 792

Shooter
    Multi Format

Any Samurai X4.0 owners on the forum?

Just checking to see how many of you are out there. I was so intriqued by the capabilities of this camera, I found it necessary to go and buy one just to put an end to my curiosity. Of course the first trouble I had was finding one, and then finding one that was worthy. I hope that is the only difficulty I experience in this concern.

I have already owned several PENs and currently use the PEN-FT, so I'm no stranger to shooting 72 shots on a roll of 35mm. But, if this particular SLR works as described, I should welcome the zoom, date, auto-focus, and other automatic features.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Never seen or heard of the Samuri X4.0 before, so had to look it up.

It looks interesting, I was a Hlaf-frame user at one time with a Canon Demi, unfortunately I lent it out and it was dropped, my friend paid for an Olympus as a replacement.

Half-frame is a great format to use as a visual diary, but I wonder if the size of the Samurai isn't a step backards compared to other half-frame cameras.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ian, considering the daunting array of functions and features the camera probably needs to be that big. Check out these specs . . .

http://www.thecamerasite.net/02_Rang.../yasamurai.htm

Last edited by DannL; 05-22-2009 at 01:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is the only camera made in two versions: right- and left-handed.

I guees not even Colani in his studies for Canon considered such.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    This is the only camera made in two versions: right- and left-handed.

I guees not even Colani in his studies for Canon considered such.
    Oh no! If that's true I might be in trouble. I'm not sure which version I will be receiving.

Being right-handed as I am, and supposing I get a left-handed version of the camera, I could spin the camera around pointing the other way to fit my right hand. That would almost guarantee that every picture would be of someone attractive!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here's and interest piece. A transparnent display version of the camera. There's not much wasted space inside that case.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110393734329

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The fun thing with version is that it is still light tiight in the practical meaning.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin