Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,559   Online: 928

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well you will need a diopter lens on the camera if you can't focus on an object 30-40 inches in front of your nose. Slr viewfinders are preset for this distance already. Removable diopter lenses are/were usually available in a range from -4 to +4. If you can't buy the one you need, most opticians can cut a premade lens to the right size if you have the mount to fit your camera. If you have severe astigmatism, having a custom made lens is almost your only option.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    They work well. I tried them.

I usually wear contact lenses so I do not need the correction. I also do not have a problem when I am wearing glasses so again I do not bother.

If I wore glasses all the time, I would probably use them.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    The viewing distance typically varies a lot.
    No it doesn't. It is the virtual distance to the surface of the focusing screen, and the same virtual distance to in-viewfinder displays. That is why it works to remove the lens, then look into the viewfinder to adjust a viewfinder with variable diopter correction built in.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltw View Post
    No it doesn't. It is the virtual distance to the surface of the focusing screen, and the same virtual distance to in-viewfinder displays. That is why it works to remove the lens, then look into the viewfinder to adjust a viewfinder with variable diopter correction built in.
    You haven't read what went before.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If the in viewfinder objects are sharp then you do not need to adjust the viewfinder. Look at the exposure needle or other visible camera part. At least that's how I adjust the diopter for my SLRs with visible diopters. Your example looks like camera shake to me, as there isn't any area really in sharp focus.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    You haven't read what went before.
    You started with the statement that virtual viewing distance is 'to the focusing screen', but then you continue on to say '10-15 ft range'.

The apparent distance to the screen is fixed at 30" or 1 meter, depending upon brand.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You started with the statement that virtual viewing distance is 'to the focusing screen', but then you continue on to say '10-15 ft range'.
    So what's wrong with that?

The apparent distance to the screen is fixed at 30" or 1 meter, depending upon brand.
    So there you are: "depending upon", i.e. "The viewing distance typically varies a lot".

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin