Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,431   Online: 806

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon FE winder issue.

Added to my FE collection last week except this otherwise mint camera has a winder problem where the film lever doesn't lock after an advance. I am unsure if this is a quick fix or something where I have to take the bottom off.

I just bought it from a camera guy so if it requires any real work whatsoever I'll just return it. But perhaps...? The camera was mint and I got a great deal so I'd be willing to consider some minor fidgeting.

What I don't want is to have to repeatedly repair this same problem..so..

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The latch is on the bottom of the camera.
    Remove the base plate & on the right hand(wind) side of the camera there's a lever that should have a copper or bronze colored plate on it. It has one screw riding in a brass bearing.
    When the camera is cocked, the end of this lever should engage a lever under the motor drive engagement disc. It could just need a spring re engaged.
    If the springs appear intact, there is a brass plate near the center of the camera. The copper/bronze lever has a finger that goes into the center of the camera. About 5mm or so into the camera there is a roller. You can see it move fwd & aft when you advance the camera. The copper/bronze lever HAS to be on the inside of this roller. By inside I mean away from the lens.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin