Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,699   Online: 843

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Best Fisheye for Nikon F

I'm looking for a fairly inexpensive, fairly sharp, full frame (of course) lens for my F. Any suggestions? I don't want any black area.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'M not sure if it exists in Nikon mount, but the Russar 16mm is very good
    (Rumour has it that it is a clone of the Nikon 16mm)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I cannot say if it is the “best” but I have been very satisfied with the Nikkor 16mm f/2.8 AIS fisheye.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stupid question time, but what does AIS stand for?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My favorite is a Nikon 7.5mm however, it gives a circular image and only can be used with cameras with mirror lock up like the F, F3. I also very much like the Nikon 16mm.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Nikkor 16f3.5 is another option. AIS stands for Automatic Indexing-Shutter. Meant for the Nikon FA, FG, and N2000 cameras. Allows them to do program and shutter-priority modes accurately. AI lenses are the earlier version, meant for cameras like the F2A, FE, FM, etc. All of those lenses will work on an F, as long as they have the prong for metered usage, or you have an eyelevel finder.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The nikon AF 16mm is a peach.
    Norman is an island.Time and tide wait for Norman.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the AI-S Nikkor 16/2.8 also and I love it. It is more than you need, technically, but it has more modern multicoating which matters a little more with an ultrawide lens like this one than it does with a longer focal length. (The wider the view, the more likely flare-inducing light sources will be in or near the frame.)

Used ones are reasonable in price.

If price is a serious issue, there is a Russian lens starting with Z (Zenitar?) that is quite good and does come in Nikon mount. It is quite a bit less expensive. I know at least one person who owns one and he likes it a lot.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin