Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,824   Online: 737

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Wanted:Asahi Pentax K1000

Hi all.recently i won a PK mount lens cheaply on ebay,but i dont have a K mount body.being eager to try it out,i'm looking to buy an Asahi Pentax K1000 camera,either with lens (any!) or body only.it must be in working condition mechanically.cosmetically,it'd be nice to have one thats near mint,but i dont really mind.also,it must be reasonably priced.being a student,my budget is tight
    if possible,i want the version that was made in japan,and not the newer ones made in china/hongkong.i know,theres a lot of this cameras on ebay,but i'd rather buy one from a collector or a person who knows his stuff.and the ones on ebay are sometimes so expensive!
    I know the KX,KM,K2,MX are better than the K1000,but they tend to be even more expensive,so i think my choice is limited to the k1000 now.
    I'm based in Malaysia,so seller must be willing to ship it here.i'll pay extra to cover paypal fees,n shipping.and i can only pay via paypal.
    I really hope someone here is willing to let go n sell me this camera at a decent price.thanks in advance!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    I know the KX,KM,K2,MX are better than the K1000,but they tend to be even more expensive,so i think my choice is limited to the k1000 now.
    I got a KM for a friend last year. It was cheaper than the K1000. It's just about the same camera with the addition of a DOF preview.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Are you look for a place to buy? Try KEH.com and the classified section of this website.

Are you looking to determine which camera to buy? Ask on.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    @Sirius:yes,i'm looking buy one,a Pentax k-mount camera,more specifically the k1000.in retrospect,i totally forgot about the classifieds section.i'm sorry if this was posted in the wrong section.if so,then mods,pls delete this thread.i'm sorry n thanks.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The K1000 is not an Asahi Pentax. In fact, it was built in a different country.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you look for a camera similar to the K1000 (all manual except for the light-meter), I would recommend you the far cheaper Ricoh KR5 Super, aka A50 Super (Super is important). It has all the K1000 does, minus speeds below 1/8, but it has some pluses: vertical metal shutter, 1/125 flash synchronization, self-timer, and mirror lock-up while using the self-timer. It is built like a tank (cast metal) despite the plastic covers (up and bottom). In fact, I never understood why people like so much the K1000, and totally ignore the KR5 (A50) Super. 100% question of cult.

PS: I used Pentaxes for some years, but finally I choused the Ricohs for their better built quality (especially electronics, although mechanically they are equal to Pentax), for their value (features/price), and for their reliability (higher than in Pentax' M class).
    Last edited by phenix; 06-02-2009 at 11:10 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    B&W is silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    PM sent. And mine IS a Ashai Pentax K-1000 . I think the later versions were the Honeywell Pentax.
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 06-03-2009 at 01:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Noel View Post
    The K1000 is not an Asahi Pentax. In fact, it was built in a different country.
    You'll find plenty of Asahi Pentax K1000's for sale, they were built in Japan alongside other Pentax's, later production was moved to Hong Kong and then finally China. The removal of the Asahi name and AOC logo was across all Pentax models and so didn't indicate the camera wasn't built in Japan.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-03-2009 at 01:37 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add link

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I hate to killjoy, but let me speak as a moderator when I say that this belongs in the classified section.

I did this too when I first registered, and I've got two closed threads to speak for it...
    David

A Holga is an ugly woman, a Brownie is a delicious treat.

dromanophoto.blogspot.com/

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by altair View Post
    I know the KX,KM,K2,MX are better than the K1000,but they tend to be even more expensive
    On the contrary IMHO - the K1000's cult following because of its standing as a student camera has inflated its value artificially and the KM & KX can often be picked up for less money though they have much better features. The K1000 lacks DoF preview which the other two have as has been said and which I would say is well worth having.

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin