Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,508   Online: 975

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mudman View Post
    what were the other lenses? Also try working the aperture for a bit, it could just be gummed up from lack of use.
    the other two are a 1.7/50 rokkor-x and a 2.8/28mm (doesn't say rokkor in this one :-()

Just bought a Kodak BW400cn at CVS to give it the first test run and check light seals etc...
    "Art is a lie that enables us to tell the truth" -Picasso
    http://www.jaimebermudez.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Congrats on a superb camera. I have two of them, a chrome one and a re-leathered black one. They've become some of my favorite cameras. You got a great deal at $100; KEH has chrome XD-11s w/50mm f/1.4 lenses, in "bargain" condition, going for $160. BTW, I've had pretty good luck with Celtics; they're pretty sharp in my experience.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewc View Post
    Congrats on a superb camera. I have two of them, a chrome one and a re-leathered black one. They've become some of my favorite cameras. You got a great deal at $100; KEH has chrome XD-11s w/50mm f/1.4 lenses, in "bargain" condition, going for $160. BTW, I've had pretty good luck with Celtics; they're pretty sharp in my experience.
    I am sure they are fine, the problem with this one is that the aperture ring doesn't open and close every time for every aperture, so I can not relay it will while taking pictures. I picked up last night and no apertures were moving, after a few times moving the lens around it worked from 3.5 to 11 and then nothing. I guess I could just used open at 3.5 all the time? This way I can test it, the other option is to as someone suggested open it up and learn how to fix it. Does anyone knows of a tutorial/repair manual for that?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Great snag. And if anyone else reads this...

If you have the opportunity to pick up a used Celtic 135, do so. And then use it to beat the hell out of your steaks before grilling. Because that's all they're worth. Congrats on the rest.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Great deal on the XD. What you paid was worth the camera - consider the rest a free bonus!
    The 50mm is good; the 28mm - is that a Minolta as well? It doesn't have to say ROKKOR - that was only for a certain market and time period that they printed that on their lenses. Man, this is making me itch to get some manual Minolta gear again (sold it all for Minolta AF gear). I loved that stuff. :-)
    Can't say much about the Celtic glass, though...don't sweat it. I had all ROKKOR-X glass lineup years ago.
    Best of luck with the new gear,
    Jed

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedidiah Smith View Post
    Great deal on the XD. What you paid was worth the camera - consider the rest a free bonus!
    The 50mm is good; the 28mm - is that a Minolta as well? It doesn't have to say ROKKOR - that was only for a certain market and time period that they printed that on their lenses. Man, this is making me itch to get some manual Minolta gear again (sold it all for Minolta AF gear). I loved that stuff. :-)
    Can't say much about the Celtic glass, though...don't sweat it. I had all ROKKOR-X glass lineup years ago.
    Best of luck with the new gear,
    Jed
    yeah, the 28 is a minolta, it doesn't say rokkor-x, I know the 24 is the way to go, but they sell for about $300, humm, I will just stay with the 28.

To add one more I just picked up a MD Rokkor-X 45mm f2 Lens.Mint. for 9.99. I read it is really small, so it can be useful if I want to travel light.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I have that pancake lens (read: 45mm) on my XG-1's. They are great little lenses.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great find! The lens probably needs a CLA to get the iris working.

Having a second body is a good way to get the GAS flowing!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also have a black X-300 a coworker gave me since he said he was going to get almost nothing on evilBay. It takes nice pictures, but the sound of the curtain is really loud, the XD-11 makes a really nice sound.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Heh, yeah, that's almost a reason to own the XD. The Seiko shutter is gorgeous sounding. That smooooooth "fawump". :-)

Jed

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin