Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,959   Posts: 1,632,343   Online: 851

Shooter
    35mm

Need help with a lens for a Maxxum 9xi

Last year I picked up a Minolta Maxxum 9xi on ebay and a few weeks later bought a 500 mm manual-focus reflex telephoto to use with it. The lens has the proper mount (works fine on a Maxxum 7000) but doesn’t have the electronics (or something) that can be detected by the 9xi which causes the camera to “prevent accidental exposures” by locking the shutter. The manual that I downloaded for the camera advises that you should contact your nearest authorized Minolta service facility, which, of course, don’t exist anymore. Does anyone know how to override the lockout so I can use this lens? Thanks!

Shooter
    Large Format
    I had a 7xi and had to do this for a telescope adapter. The routine is exactly the same for the 9xi.

Press and hold AEL and FUNC buttons and move power switch from LOCK to ON. This disables the lens/shutter lock. I think "Off" shows up briefly on the top body LCD as you do this.

Repeat the process to turn the lock back on. Removing the battery will also reset the lens/shutter lock back on. I also think the old XI custom function cards let you permanently set the lock to 'off'.

Shooter
    35mm
    I tried that combination this evening and it works as you said. Thanks for the help!!!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin