Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,809   Online: 910

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Olympus stylus epic battery door broken

So my battery door is broken. For the people that have this camera, its the part you push in to open the door, the plastic on that is broken and now the battery door won't stay closed.

What are my options? Do you think Olympus would send me a new door?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Asking does not hurt.......
    Just give it a try.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Happens to a lot of Oly P&S's. After you get it fixed, it will crack somewhere else.

I gave up on them and use a Yashica T4. Used prices for these are in fantasy land, though.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Happens to a lot of Oly P&S's. After you get it fixed, it will crack somewhere else.

I gave up on them and use a Yashica T4. Used prices for these are in fantasy land, though.
    I have a XA too, which is better built. I like the Epic for a 'have in the bag' camera and also for parties/clubs.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Stop breaking your cameras.

Seriously, be gentle with them. They're reasonably tough if they're given a little slack.

You might have to live with using a piece of electrical tape to fix this camera. I doubt repairing it is economical.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    Stop breaking your cameras.

Seriously, be gentle with them. They're reasonably tough if they're given a little slack.

You might have to live with using a piece of electrical tape to fix this camera. I doubt repairing it is economical.
    Come on Jim! I haven't used the epic in such a long time considering that now I have the more awesome XA! It was in the bottom of my bag in a case and I just pulled it out randomly and saw that it was broken.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I'm wondering if they changed the design of the camera. On mine, there is no pushing in to open, it just swings open with friction. Anyway, I do have a parts camera if you want it.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    I'm wondering if they changed the design of the camera. On mine, there is no pushing in to open, it just swings open with friction. Anyway, I do have a parts camera if you want it.

Jon
    That would be awesome, but the only way I would be able to pay for shipping would be money order, and plus I would only need the door.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    So my battery door is broken. For the people that have this camera, its the part you push in to open the door, the plastic on that is broken and now the battery door won't stay closed.

What are my options? Do you think Olympus would send me a new door?
    Silver tape used for sealing heating ducts. The heavy, gooey "duck tape" will work. But the silver tape is thinner and prettier.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think the Stylus Epic is out of production, I think it held on for quite a while but it stopped a while ago no, shame I would have liked to have seen what they could have done had they replaced it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin