Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,927   Posts: 1,556,809   Online: 910
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1
    Markok765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    24

    Olympus stylus epic battery door broken

    So my battery door is broken. For the people that have this camera, its the part you push in to open the door, the plastic on that is broken and now the battery door won't stay closed.

    What are my options? Do you think Olympus would send me a new door?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Holland and Brazil
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Posts
    1,066
    Asking does not hurt.......
    Just give it a try.

    Peter

  3. #3
    Nicholas Lindan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cleveland, Ohio USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,377
    Images
    4
    Happens to a lot of Oly P&S's. After you get it fixed, it will crack somewhere else.

    I gave up on them and use a Yashica T4. Used prices for these are in fantasy land, though.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

  4. #4
    Markok765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholas Lindan View Post
    Happens to a lot of Oly P&S's. After you get it fixed, it will crack somewhere else.

    I gave up on them and use a Yashica T4. Used prices for these are in fantasy land, though.
    I have a XA too, which is better built. I like the Epic for a 'have in the bag' camera and also for parties/clubs.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

  5. #5
    PhotoJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Regina, SK, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,221
    Stop breaking your cameras.

    Seriously, be gentle with them. They're reasonably tough if they're given a little slack.

    You might have to live with using a piece of electrical tape to fix this camera. I doubt repairing it is economical.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

    A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

    Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

  6. #6
    Markok765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    Stop breaking your cameras.

    Seriously, be gentle with them. They're reasonably tough if they're given a little slack.

    You might have to live with using a piece of electrical tape to fix this camera. I doubt repairing it is economical.
    Come on Jim! I haven't used the epic in such a long time considering that now I have the more awesome XA! It was in the bottom of my bag in a case and I just pulled it out randomly and saw that it was broken.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

  7. #7
    Jon Shiu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Elk, California
    Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Posts
    2,563
    Images
    33
    I'm wondering if they changed the design of the camera. On mine, there is no pushing in to open, it just swings open with friction. Anyway, I do have a parts camera if you want it.

    Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

  8. #8
    Markok765's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,270
    Blog Entries
    1
    Images
    24
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    I'm wondering if they changed the design of the camera. On mine, there is no pushing in to open, it just swings open with friction. Anyway, I do have a parts camera if you want it.

    Jon
    That would be awesome, but the only way I would be able to pay for shipping would be money order, and plus I would only need the door.
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

  9. #9
    Anscojohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,727
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    So my battery door is broken. For the people that have this camera, its the part you push in to open the door, the plastic on that is broken and now the battery door won't stay closed.

    What are my options? Do you think Olympus would send me a new door?
    ******
    Silver tape used for sealing heating ducts. The heavy, gooey "duck tape" will work. But the silver tape is thinner and prettier.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,089
    Images
    2
    I think the Stylus Epic is out of production, I think it held on for quite a while but it stopped a while ago no, shame I would have liked to have seen what they could have done had they replaced it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin