Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,969   Online: 1177

Shooter
    Multi Format

Olympus OM-4Ti + F280 Flash Unit - off camera.

I am desperately trying to find the correct connection cord in order to use the F280 flash unit, off camera, but still retaining OFT exposure measurement with the OM -4Ti. As I understand, the cord should fit on the camera hot shoe and plug into the 7 pin socket on the flash unit. Have I got this right, because, despite being described as F 0.6m I keep getting sent 5 pin versions, which are presumably for the T series flash units?
    I'm into painting with light - NOT painting by numbers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hello

http://zuserver2.star.ucl.ac.uk/~rwe...uto_cord_f.htm

This details the 'F' cord that is need for the F280. Also if you go from the front page it can offer a host of info on Olympus OM cameras, lens, flash, accessories.
    Stack of 35mm stuff, some 120 stuff and lots of other junk to make it work

Keep it simple. ~ Alfred Eisenstaedt

Shooter
    35mm
    Allan,
    The T-series and F-280's cord are definitely not compatible. As the page Java linked to shows, the cord has a shoe fit at one end and a DIN-style pin for the side of the flash unit at the other. More info here.

TTL Auto Cord F0.6m is what you need, shown in the attached pic with my F-280. MXV have one on page 2 of this listing.

If my memory serves you can still use the F-280 in normal TTL-auto flash mode either on-camera or with a shoe cord (the type that has the mail DIN for the camera at one end and a shoe for the flash to fit onto at the other).

BTW if you know anyone wanting to buy an F-280 mine (without the cable) is sat in the drawer.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails F280 with TTL cord.jpg  
    Last edited by Simon E; 06-14-2009 at 06:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for your replies folks. Java, that link is excellent, Simon E, the two F cords MXV have listed are in fact T ones and only have 5 pin plugs. I have just returned one to them. They say the other is the same and have been mis-labelled. My search continues but at least now I know I was correct in my thinking in the first instance. Thanks again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Allan Swindles View Post
    the two F cords MXV have listed are in fact T ones and only have 5 pin plugs.
    I was hoping they would have known better

Keep looking, and you might like to create a saved search on eBay so that it emails you when one is listed.

Shooter
    35mm

F280 TTL cord

There was only one ttl cord made for the F280 flash. One end slips into the caera hot shoe, the other into the side of the flash. Product number was 107057, TTL Auto Shoe Cord F 0.6M. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon E, yes, I was surprised also, having dealt with them before without problems but then that's the difficulty with such a comprehensive system, knowing ALL the details!
    John, thanks for the accurate info., checked your site, excellent, but sadly you don't have one either. You are quite famous in OM circles and are always spoken of with great esteem. What better recommendation?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You might put a want to buy ad on "The Olympus OM Mailing List. Google it. I might have an extra, however being in the process of moving, you might look elsewhere. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just a quick update. I've found one, at Ace Cameras, Bath, UK, excellent communication and service and highly recommended. Thanks again for your replies folks.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin