Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,641   Online: 1297

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My motor drive on my Canon A-1 sounds pretty good to me.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My Rollei SLX sounds pretty unique.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Too bad all these cameras were probably built before Brushless DC motors came into widespread use. These motors are basically silent. They are used in things like quiet computer fans- where the only sound you hear is from the movement of air.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    But imagine that those fans would mesh with gears that mesh with other gears that [etc.]
    It's not the motor alone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If winders were supposed to be quiet, why do Digitals on TV sound like an F100 or my OM Winder 2? My D200 does sound kinda wimpy......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by domaz View Post
    Too bad all these cameras were probably built before Brushless DC motors came into widespread use.
    brushless motors,digital cameras konica hexar stealth we don't need these stinking things.
    we want brutal full throttle analogue noise,the lovely sound of an estar base film shooting at 8 fps then jamming.thats what it's all about

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the sound of the Olympus MD2 on the OM-3Ti. 5 FPS of "snick, snick, snick, snick..." Quiet enough and fast enough that if you aren't paying attention or are not watching through the viewfinder during firing, you're not quite sure that you actually took a photograph.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I know these thingies.
    You're not quite sure that they did their stuff if you don't pay attention???

But yes, they are relatively quiet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, Alan;

Well, among the arsenal behind the locks here are a couple of Minolta X-700's with the MD-1 Motor Drive attached. At 3.5 frames per second with a 36 exposure roll of film, that is 10 seconds of music.

What was the question? . . . Oh, yes. Well, yes, it is about $ 25 to buy and get a 36 exposure roll of color film processed and printed. I had forgotten about that. But it did have a nice sound while it lasted.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've never really worried too much about my cameras being quiet. I guess its all dependent on what you shoot and over the years my main subject has been motorsports. Compared to a F1 car passing 30ft in front of you any camera is quiet!
    That said, my favorite motor drive sound is that of my two Canon T90s. I'd expect its because of all the years and all the rolls I've run through them but I love the sound. My Nikon F4S is OK but firing off a T90 just puts a smile on my face.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin