Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,568   Online: 1000

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Help: Nikon F601

I put about 2 rolls a week through my F601. Yesterday, I took a roll out and put a new one in. It would not advance. I changed the bat and still the same problem. Everything looks ok and the display works and changes settings.

Any ideas?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looking at the display, it looks like it thinks there is film in it, when there is not. A sensor stuck?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try rewinding (even if there is no film in it). It might be that the last roll was taken out before winding was complete (or before the camera thought it was complete).
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PhotoJim View Post
    Try rewinding (even if there is no film in it). It might be that the last roll was taken out before winding was complete (or before the camera thought it was complete).
    That was my first guess. Nothing on the rewind.

Does anyone know of a master reset on this thing?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have an F-601 but I have not had this problem.

I don't have the manual but there is one here: http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon/n...on_f-601af.htm

My wife borrowed mine last week but came back saying she thought there was something wrong with it. The frame counter had got up to 63. The wind on spool had not caught the end of the film. Unfortunately, there is no way of knowing once you close the back.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the manual (pdf) and the only clue may be that the new battery may be dead too. I will change it tonight. The last roll I took all developed normally.

I just eBay'd another for a backup. You would be surprised what can be had for $25...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lesson learned; don't buy too many batteries and stick them on the shelf. Went to Wallmart and picked up a new bat. All is fine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good news.

I spent a few minutes looking through the manual for the F-601 last night. now I know why I prefer manual cameras!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, my OM-10's are my fav and I have much better glass for them too. But when you are just bouncing around, having auto-focus is a great thing; especially when they can share lens with my D200.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin