Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,569,911   Online: 1100

GJA
    Shooter
    4x5 Format

Nikon Eyepiece Ring Screw Size

I recently bought a beautiful Nikon right angle finder. When it arrived I attempted to screw it onto my F4 but found that the size of the right angle screw was smaller than that of the F4. Same with the D1H. I pulled out my FT2, and they fit together perfectly.

It is too much to ask that a company who has managed to keep using the same lens mount for the past 60 years, keep using the same size eyepiece ring?

And, is there an adapter for decreasing the size of the ring on the F4/D1H/newer nikons?

Thanks, G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The DW21 or DW20 are the two viewfinder options for your camera. Either of these are far better than a right angel viewfinder adapter.

Your standard viewfinder is one of the few high eyepoint viewfinders that are a standard on any camera.

I believe that the F3 was the first to offer this kind of optional extra, I have four finders for my F3. Trust me when I say that you would never entertain the thought of a right angel adapter once you have used one of the other options.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    "Nikon DK-18 eyepiece adapter with wrench
    •for D3/D2/D1 series, D700
    •for F6/F5/F4/F3HP
    •for F100/N90s/N90/N8008s/N8008
    •allows the use of DG-2 on a 22mm round eyepiece
    •replaces discontinued DK-7 eyepiece adapter
    $21.95"
    http://www.bocaphoto.com/products/ne...htm#viewfinder

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ooooh, Prarry, what a lovely site, I never knew half the things on that page existed.

What I do require though is the actual rubber that goes around the F3 HP eyepiece. I've worn about 4 out and now Nikon in Australia don't have them anymore, which is a shame.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You could try dropping Bill Rogers a mail. Has a vast hoard of the Nikon spares. Will not be the cheapest, but knowledgeable and helpful. Got a rubberized eye-piece (wearing glasses is a pain) for a Nikkormat a couple of weeks ago.
    http://www.billrogers.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Incredible, he has three of the rubbers available, I'll have to check what other stuff he has.

I sometimes wonder at the incredible amount of cross information we have access to through this forum.

Mick.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin