Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,629   Posts: 1,647,976   Online: 986

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I've got a Nikon F and F2--had the F for many years, the F2 a relatively recent purchase as "backup," but have come to prefer it, especially since Mr. Wong cleaned it up. It just feels and works a little better. And yeah, you can use them for self-defense, if necessary.

But I have been tempted to pick up an older Olympus M-series camera since they can be had for so little money now, but a certain spouse might complain about more cameras. My first photo teacher had an M-1, and I remember it as being a pretty nice piece of kit.

All of my cameras except the little Fuji d****l are mechanical, no auto-anything cameras.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Did you know that Olympus had to change the name of the camera to "OM-1" from "M-1" after Leica complained. That's what I read a couple of years ago in an article in a photography magazine. The Olympus M-1 is now considered a collectible.

Among my favorites are the Nikon F2A, Pentax MX and KX, the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex I and II and Contarex Bullseye and Rolleiflex SL 35.

I had a Minolta SR T 202 a few years ago. It was a very well built camera, and the lenses can be bought very inexpensively.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin