Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,928   Posts: 1,585,213   Online: 786

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've got a Nikon F and F2--had the F for many years, the F2 a relatively recent purchase as "backup," but have come to prefer it, especially since Mr. Wong cleaned it up. It just feels and works a little better. And yeah, you can use them for self-defense, if necessary.

But I have been tempted to pick up an older Olympus M-series camera since they can be had for so little money now, but a certain spouse might complain about more cameras. My first photo teacher had an M-1, and I remember it as being a pretty nice piece of kit.

All of my cameras except the little Fuji d****l are mechanical, no auto-anything cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by unohuu View Post
    Clint, you can't go wrong with a Minolta SRT-101 or 102. Minolta glass is relatively cheap still but great quality and there are lots of bodies floating around.
    I have been thinking of the Minolta line including the SR-1 and the SR-7 as suggestion, but held back because of the Nikon F2, F3 reputation. The early Minoltas were rugged, well built, inexpensive, and run forever. The MC and MD lenses are readily available and inexpensive too.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Did you know that Olympus had to change the name of the camera to "OM-1" from "M-1" after Leica complained. That's what I read a couple of years ago in an article in a photography magazine. The Olympus M-1 is now considered a collectible.

Among my favorites are the Nikon F2A, Pentax MX and KX, the Zeiss Ikon Contaflex I and II and Contarex Bullseye and Rolleiflex SL 35.

I had a Minolta SR T 202 a few years ago. It was a very well built camera, and the lenses can be bought very inexpensively.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin