Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,161   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    It should indeed.

If you set, say, f/2.8 on an f/2 lens, and the aperture blades don't close fast enough, you end up with (worse case) a full stop overexposure.
    In my experience with sticky apertures, all except the worst cases manage to close at least partly before the shutter opens...

The test I mentioned - observing the aperture with an open back from behind - try that on your favourite sticky aperture lens, you might learn something!
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Most of the Oly lenses I've serviced for sluggish operation have been from lubericant at the rear or the lens. It's a pretty easy fix though, usually three cross point screws and everything come straight off. There may be a spring connected to the mount and a pin in the body so remove it carefully. Note the alignment before you take it apart it needs to go back the same way it came out. Test the aperture before you put the screws back in to be assured everything is copacetic.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yes.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin