Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,015   Online: 711

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dougjgreen View Post
    That Chinon lens is a decent lens, but it's way over-priced. You should be able to get a K-mount 50mm lens for under $25 including shipping on ebay. In fact, just this morning a Ricoh KR-5 (comparable to a Pentax KM or K1000) with a 50mm lens, sold for under $20 including shipping. So, for < $20, you could have gotten a comparable 50mm lens and a second K-mount body.
    Really? On ebay im only finding lens after shipping for around $60

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikki White View Post
    Really? On ebay im only finding lens after shipping for around $60
    To get a good price on ebay, you need to actually play out an auction, not go for an over-priced "Buy Now" bid.

Although, for $41, here's an example of a good Ricoh K-mount body with a 50mm Pentax lens - The KR-5 Super II is a very decent camera - IMHO nicer than the K1000:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ricoh-KR-5-SUPER...%3A1|294%3A100

Shooter
    35mm
    There's an option on eBay to show completed auctions. Use that option to see what items actually sell for (or if they sell!). You'll then have a better idea of what a good bid price is, so that you don't end up paying a ridiculous price because of a too-high starting price or because you and another person get into a bidding war.

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorite standard lenses for K mount cameras are the 55/1.8 SMC Pentax and the 55/2 SMC Pentax. The 50/1.7 SMC Pentax M is also nice but I prefer the other two lenses. I think the f/1.8 and f/2 55mm lenses are identical with the f/2 lens just having a slower marked speed. Earlier this year I picked up a 50/1.7 SMC Pentax-F for a good price. I don't have any AF K lenses so I use it as a manual focus lens. I haven't tested it much but it's supposed to be good and to have slightly newer coating than the 50/1.7 M lens.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin