Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,653   Posts: 1,481,321   Online: 1078

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    35mm
    The camera runs noticeably faster on continuous mode too. It probably runs just as fast in MB-20 form with lithiums as in MB-21 form with rechargeables.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, yeah, Duh. I guess we all assumed that you had the power issues covered, but hey we all make mistakes. Thats why when I change the lithiums AA's in my set of 4 F4s I write the date on the last cell, I generally change them every 6-8 months whether they need it or not. Some of the bodies get 10-15 rolls a wedding, anywhere from 12-18 weddings per set. The old batteries get used in remotes and whatever the kid finds a use for. With the Lithiums in it gets very hard to tell when you should change them, you tend to go a Really Really long time and then they are near dead for 1/2 roll and then they are kaput.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RidingWaves View Post
    Well, yeah, Duh. I guess we all assumed that you had the power issues covered, but hey we all make mistakes. Thats why when I change the lithiums AA's in my set of 4 F4s I write the date on the last cell, I generally change them every 6-8 months whether they need it or not. Some of the bodies get 10-15 rolls a wedding, anywhere from 12-18 weddings per set. The old batteries get used in remotes and whatever the kid finds a use for. With the Lithiums in it gets very hard to tell when you should change them, you tend to go a Really Really long time and then they are near dead for 1/2 roll and then they are kaput.
    So, I'm guessing that the battery tester doesn't work on the F4s when using Lithium batteries?
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well, by working you mean they light up. But the time between two full lights to one light is like 2-3 rolls (maybe) from one light to no light/no operation is really short, like 1/2 roll. When the lithiums die, they go very quick. The F4 seems to have an internal voltage switch which when the juice dies from the lithiums it just goes, and you have a very pretty brick. I've also had one go where only one AA battery was funky, gave the camera the classic 'off-on, does it work now?' signs, took out the lower battery pack (MN-21) to check the cells and one was really really hot. Changed just that one and finished the day.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin