Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,593   Online: 1119

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Manual lens on a F601

Is it possible to use the internal light meter with a manual lens on a F601? The manual make no such reference, that I can see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes, but matrix metering won't work. This is true as long as the lens is AI (or AI-converted) or newer.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Essentially, the camera becomes an FG-20 or an FE with a built-in winder and flash when a manual focus Nikkor is mounted that doesn't have the chip in it. Just did that a couple weeks ago on an N6006 (same camera), when I mounted my 85f1.8 Nikkor to it.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    And oddly, there is an F601M (N6000) that lacks autofocus, but still requires AF lenses (or one of the two or three rare AI-P lenses with contacts) to use matrix metering and P and S mode. I never quite saw the point in it since one could buy the F601 with AF and simply disable AF.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin