Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,305   Online: 827

Shooter
    Multi Format

Slow Release on the N90s?

I was shooting with an N90s last night since my F100 has ISO 100 film in it at the moment, and I noticed that there was a significant lag time in shutter release on occasion. i.e. I'd press down the amount need for the F100, and nothing would happen until I pressed a little harder. Is this usual? Is there anyway around it? I noticed it most in AF-S, not as much in AF-C or MF. Just curious if this is related to the N90s' focus release system.

Cheers,
    Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    Multi Format
    well it looks like that's a feature of AF-s, what I'm not sure of after reading the manual is whether this can be changed with the MF-26 back or if you need the datalink

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The MF-26 manual :
    http://www.butkus.org/chinon/nikon/n...ikon_mf-26.htm

I bought an N90s a couple of months ago to use with a number of lenses two people had given me. Mostly I use a manual focus AI-S 105 f:2.5, but I learned with a broken display N8008s and AF lenses that if I wanted to shoot quickly with that type of Nikon AF, I needed to pre-focus and use the focus lock button or keep the shutter button partially depressed with AF-S mode. AF-C mode lost me too many photos with the single center focus patch when there was a lot happening in the frame, like subjects moving suddenly off center or me re-framing. It took me about 3 minutes into a soccer game to figure out that this vintage of AF-C was worse than useless for the way I work. AF-S or the AF lock button made the AF very useful. When I want the quickest response, I use manual exposure settings and the AF lock or AF-S shutter lock.

Lee

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin