Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,001   Posts: 1,524,393   Online: 990

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Any SLR's with ~quiet~ motor drives or builtin winders?

Any SLR's with ~quiet~ motor drives or builtin winders?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The "C S" (continuous silent) setting on my F5 is incredibly quiet. The gentle slap of the mirror is all one hears.

Shooter
    35mm
    It's a little expensive, but I have a Nikon F6. Overall a quiet (ish) motordrive. It also has a second setting called quiet continious. Which sort changes the pitch of the noise, not really sure if it's actually any quiter though. If you read the bumph nikon put out, they went to great pains to make the drive and the mirror as quite as possible. That's the thing with slr's most of the noise is thought he mirror not the drive as such.

I've played about with Leica's as well. But in absolute terms I still think the Mamiya 7ii is the quietest camera I have ever used. But that's neither an SLR or 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm a Nikon guy, but I concede that the Canon EOS A2 / EOS 5 is extremely quiet.

I actually haven't tried silent mode on my Nikon F5 - I will have to now. My F4's "silent" mode isn't that silent, although it is significantly quieter than normal.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    How about Contax RX, or ST?? The RX I had was REALLY quiet.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Canon Elan 7N that is nearly silent. Quietest motor-driven camera I've ever (not) heard.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    There were a nice couple of spring motor driven RF/PS 35mm camera's way back and even a 126 with a spring motor called the Instamatic 400.

Peter

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    konica FS-1

Shooter
    35mm
    ***konica FS-1***

Just got a FT-1 off ebay for peanuts, spares or repair....and it's very noisy when winding on...erm so it's supposed to be very quite..oh well.
    I can basically use it but has a strange fault in that you can only take a shot about every 8 secs and that's with new batteries.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quiet referenced to what? Compared to an loud old Canon F1 with high speed motor drive or compared to a more modern film camera like a Canon EOS or N series Nikon?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin