Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,972   Posts: 1,523,589   Online: 909

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for a decent m42 lens in 35mm focal length for under 100 USD

I've got a pretty complete set of m42 lenses. I've had some difficulty, however, in finding a good lens in the 35mm focal length that is typically available for under $100.

Can anybody recommend a decently sharp and contrasty and preferably multi-coated 35mm focal length M42 lens for under $100? I don't need great speed - f/2.8 will do.

Here's what I've already considered:

The SMC 35mm f/2 runs about $175-$250 due to geeks with Canon dSLRs who try to fit them to their cameras...so that's out.

You can get the SMC 35mm f/3.5 lens for about $40-60. f/3.5 is a bit too slow...so that's out

I've seen the Fujinon EBC 35mm f/2.8 lens for under $50. I've bought a couple bad had to return them both due to obvious oil on the aperture blades. Of late these appear gone from the market, entirely.

Suggestions?
    Digital Photography is just "why-tech" not "high tech"..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You should be able to pick up a CZJ Flektogon 35mm f2.4 for right around $100-ish, maybe $120 or so.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Schneider Curtagon f/2.8 Has the same solid & massive rendering as the Pentax 3.5
    The Pentax 3.5 is a great lens, kinda sad to eliminate it for 1/2 stop...

I'll also second the CZJ Flektogon.
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had a CZ 2.8 Flektagon which I loved because of it's close focussing of ca 7 inches; but it was not the sharpest lens I ever owned. I always assumed it was a victim of poor quality control in the "sogenannte DDR."
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    35mm
    Yes the Flex are a good choice. The older Zebra version is cheaper and I believe it is better two.

Another option is a MIR 37mm, I just love the colors it produce.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    I have used a Mir-1V 37/2.8 and it gives good result in high contrast situation. Mine is 2000 vintage, paid about 30USD for it.

Have to agree with Lahnet that the colour is good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think you should reconsider the Super-Takumar 35mm 3.5. Multi-coated or not, it's very good, compact and inexpensive.

Trond

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin