Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,268   Posts: 1,534,356   Online: 860

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use my 2 Holgas (1 is a pinhole) all the time. Also my Diana.
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As Leighgion said, I don't consider it a toy camera, but I've shot about a dozen rolls with the 55 year old Kodak Hawkeye, that took my baby pictures, since I disassembled and cleaned it two years ago. I shoot 120 without re-spooling; Fuji Acros, Kodak T-Max, Kodak Portra NC, Kodak Ektar, even some Ilford SFX 200 using a Hoya R72 handheld in front of the lens using the B option on the shutter.

Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would love to use my toy cameras, but minox film is so expensive... the film alone costs more than two professional grade 120ies & development.

In fact, there was just one time I used a toy camera. I was four or five years old and my grandpa gave me a plastc viewfinder camera that looked like a SLR. One shutter time, one aperture! This film still exists, not a single keeper on it

After that I was allowed to use the Nikon of my father when I told him why I needed this and that on film. We never had disposable cams or a polaroid. Not sure if I missed something because of that...

Shooter
    Large Format
    You know, I never got into the "toy" camera craze. My time is precious too me. When I have time to make photos, either in the field or darkroom, I usually pick a camera that I can use to craft a photo. Yes, chance and serendipity plays into it, but I like less chance and more skill & vision. Having said that, I have seen wonderful images made with toy cameras. To each his own.
    Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How often do you use "toy" cameras that you have?

I do not really consider it a “toy” camera but yesterday, I used an Argus C3 to photograph a 1950 Studebaker automobile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The only camera I have that I could consider a 'toy' is an Olynpus Stylus Epic, but is not really a 'toy' since it takes excellent pictures and it goes in my shirt pocket everywhere with me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flashgumby View Post
    Since I only use Minolta, I must always be using a toy or *cheap* camera

Well, minolta that I have is hi matic f, and I consider her a toy because is point and shoot, no manual settings what so ever, cheap and small

This camera has strange story with me (going slightly OT): first I had one himatic f that was repaired to take RL 44 battery, and it was excellent. Metering was good, all ok. I lost it, and I buy another on ebay. I also both A640 batteries for it - but - it always give very thin negatives. I tried to put iso 100 film, and put iso 25 on camera - still no good. But this is another thread...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't like that toy cameras have limited shutter speeds, and that the Holga has a loud shutter. Yes, yes, I know they're toy cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, I'm currently travelling around Japan with two Holgas (one's a pinhole) but they were brought here for very specific purposes (one is shooting IR film) so I'm not shooting with them daily. However, once I get to my permanent location for the summer, I intend to use them more so than the Bronica I've been lugging around. Back in Canada I always included at least one toy camera in my bag, even if I didn't always shoot with it. I do have some box cameras and folders that I've just used once or twice...it's not that I don't like them, but when travelling I have to make hard choices of what goes in the bag and they're the first to go.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Frequently. My kit usually includes at least one toy camera (Holga, Diana, Altered Brownie Hawkeye or an assortment of pinhole camers.) Oh, there is usually also an Olympus OM of some sort or another. Bill Barber

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin