Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,755   Posts: 1,516,004   Online: 866

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rollei 35 tips?

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by smcclarin View Post
    That with Bulb setting, you have to really press the shutter button with certitude otherwise the shutter will close prematurely...
    CERTITUDE! ...and premature "actuation" as well. The duck drops from the ceiling and we have a "weiner"(ism). Congratulations, you're a w(e)in(n)er!

Sorry, couldn't resist

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tricks? Use left thumb on the shutter release when using a flash (hold camera up side down).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great little cameras. I have two, one with a Tessar, one with a Sonnar. If your slower shutter speeds are a problem you really do need a CLA. I was under-impressed with my Tessar one until I had it overall checked with a complete CLA and focus accuracy test. Turns out something was off in the focus and after the repair I was like WOW!. Great performer. And great camera. Worth getting it checked and put into proper specs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couple of examples using my Rollei 35T:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/133693706/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/1366426720/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/165071172/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/rich8155/133696277/

Quirkly camera but a unique design to keep it so compact and a real winner once you get used to using it....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Great camera. The friend of mine who got me interested in photography had one and I used it a few times. One of the sharpest I've ever used.

Get a CLA done; odds are it will fix the slow speeds.

Then enjoy it!

Ed
    "I only wanted Uncle Vern standing by his new car (a Hudson) on a clear day. I got him and the car. I also got a bit of Aunt Mary's laundry, and Beau Jack, the dog, peeing on a fence, and a row of potted tuberous begonias on the porch and 78 trees and a million pebbles in the driveway and more. It's a generous medium, photography." -- Lee Friedlander

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a new Rollei 35SE in the early 1980's, when I was a lot better off financially than I am now (it wasn't cheap). Although it gave excellent results, I found it fiddly and not very user friendly. The back had to be slid off to change films, and care is needed to not force it when putting it back. The flash shoe is on the bottom,which is about the worst place it could be, but there is nowhere else for it to go. But the lack of a rangefinder was the biggest disadvantage, plus the exposure is not fully automatic, so it was a slow camera to use, and in the end I stopped using it and eventually sold it. I can't say I miss it one bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an early Singapore Tessar version. it's so small, handy and sharp. It's meant to be used in daylight and stopped down. Just use 400 speed film, park the shutter speed to 1/250s, set the aperture dial according to the light (sunny-16) and estimate the approximate distance to your target and you always get nice sharp negs.

Shooter
    35mm
    nothing to do with the discussion, I just had to ask, the family cat has friends?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin