Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,702   Posts: 1,482,653   Online: 646

Shooter
    Multi Format

Mystery Olympus identified.

For all who posted to my query the camera turned out to be an M1......................................Kidding!
    It's an OM-1 MD.Cleaned up very nicely,put in new light seals.Guess you can tell that I purchased it.Couldn't resist the price.........$20.00.
    No self timer.But what the hay.Plenty of others on hand if I need that feature.

Now I need another lens.Something medium to wide angle.I hope it's not too much of an intrusion to ask the group for their suggestions.

Thank You

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great! Now get out there and shoot film!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well done . Try the Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 for starters - reasonable price and a fine performer. I've had two 35mm f/2.8s neither of which was too sharp, I don't know if that's true across the board or whether I just got duff ones. The 21/3.5 and 24/2.8 are both superb but perhaps a little wider that you're looking for at present.
    Regards,
    Richard.

RH Designs - My Photography

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    [ Thank You[/QUOTE]
    Check the flash synch switch. On early models it controlled the hot shoe. If it is set at "M" your strobe on that shoe will fire beautifully--and about twenty milliseconds too early.
    John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RH Designs View Post
    Well done . Try the Zuiko 28mm f/2.8 for starters - reasonable price and a fine performer. I've had two 35mm f/2.8s neither of which was too sharp, I don't know if that's true across the board or whether I just got duff ones. The 21/3.5 and 24/2.8 are both superb but perhaps a little wider that you're looking for at present.
    Interesting. I'm on my second 35mm f2.8 and both were beyond excellent and remain my single-most favorite Zuiko for all-around performance. But in reality, there are few duds. One thing about the 35mm focal-length Zuikos is that 35mm is about impossible to focus on the 2-series focus screens. For some reason the microprism mesh that is used in stead of the "ground glass" diffusion surface reacts strangely with 35mm focal length and the 35mm f2.0 lens is particularily difficult. Therefore, focus errors may contribute to apparent sharpness.

However, as the camera in question is an OM-1, the 2-series screen is not normally found nor used in it as it will throw the meter off.

I have the 24/2.8, 35/2.8, 35/shift, 50/3.5, 100/2.8, 200/4, 300/4.5 and 35-80/2.8 Zuikos. Not a dog in the bunch. But I had other lenses which I sold off without sadness.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good find, Mike. I just picked up my OM-1 MD from a technician located in your neck of the woods. I had the same problem, missing the self timer lever and seals (bought it off the evil bay...). For a reasonable price he found a replacement self timer and performed a complete CLA. If you need some work done on your OM's I can send you the contacts, PM me.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 18mm is legendary (one of the best ever), but is probably too wide for your (current) tastes/uses.

Also, the price has probably become absurd due to users of a brand with useless very wides buying them up....
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As per Ken N's note I have a 35mm/f2.8 (silve nosed version) and I've been extremely happy when using it on both my OM1 and OM2n. Virtually no distortion and useful for everything from portraits to moderate w/angle landscapes.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    35mm
    You might want to look into getting a zoom to go with your OM-1...Something like a 35-70, or my favorite zoom-length, a 28-105mm.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like my 35/2.8 black fron Zuiko.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin