Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,864   Posts: 1,583,190   Online: 751

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm selling it for $200[CDN], probably used 15 times, with box and 2 year warranty. Good price?
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hey Marko,

I've got a user F3HP I'd sell you for an affordable price if you're interested.

Let me know.
    Jeff M

M3, M5, CLE, Minolta XE7, Minolta Maxxum 9, Minolta Maxxum 9000, Nikon F3HP, etc., etc.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Marko,

I am with Mike, the F3 is a great camera. I used it many times with a large Metz and sometimes with a Vivitar 385. The Vivitar comes with a very sturdy spiral cord but you have to use a hotshoe. The sensor stays on the hotshoe and you can move the flash freely away from the camera. The hot shoe for the F3 is the AS-4. It slides and locks on the rewind.

Marcus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm I wonder why nobody suggested a Nikonos yet Sorry couldn't resist.
    I have a F100, F90X, F3, FE2, a mirrorless FM and a FT3. The two that gets the most use are the F100 and the F3. The F3 and 3 lenses make a very compact kit IMHO, at least compared to the F100 and F90X. I'd consider a FM2n too if I were you. The finder is very good for lowlight shooting compared to the FE line and the F3 due to the +/- leds. I really miss shooting with my FM and consider getting it fixed or replaced by a FM2n. That said I find the F3 a very good camera, just remember to keep some extra batteries around.
    Best regards
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

S°ren Nielsen
    Denmark

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can't go wrong with the F3. I have 3 of them. Either prism is fine (DE-2 or DE-3) and take whatever you can get. By the end of the year I'll be back down to 2 (I'll probably gift one to a photographer friend).

F3 represents a damn good era of photography and equipment in general.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another thumb up for F3. I have 2 of them, perfect work, never failed.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I recently got rid of my F3, partly due to the financial issues I've been having, and partly because I didn't like the meter readout. Unlike the F, F2, F4, F5, and F6, there's very little information given by the "+-" indication in the viewfinder that signifies correct exposure in manual mode. The only other F series body that's this way, is the Nikon F2S with the DP-2 finder. Personally, if you're looking for something more reliable, maybe look at an F2A. But, don't let water get inside it, otherwise, you might corrode the internal mechanical parts. Same with the F3.

I'm actually a bit happier now that I don't have the F3. Instead of replacing the F3, once I'm financially solvent again, I'm going to pick up a motor drive and a DP-12 F2AS prism for my F2, to replace the temporary DP-1 prism that replaced the original F2A DP-11 prism.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm not sure what you mean by "not too battery dependant". Unless you want to use a shutter speed of 1/60, the F3 is completely battery dependant.
    But, they are great cameras, and more than worth the 109 USD quoted earlier. If you want pure mechanical operation in an F series you'd need to drop back to the F2 realm.
    If interchangeable finders aren't a priority then there are many newer choices.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    By 'not too battery dependent' I mean, I won't have to change batteries often
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, in that case, "not too battery dependant", applies. The internal battery is either a 3 v Lithium, or 2 1.5v's and will last pretty well. If you have a motor on it, then power comes from the 8 AA's in the motor. If you use the Energizer lithium AA's you'll cut down substantially on the weight, and get very good battery life, although those batteries cost a small fortune.
    FWIW, Nikon claims the motor drives improve the camera's mechanical life since the motor delivers constant, pre-set torque, as opposed to a manual advance which varies.
    I've never had a reason to try and verify that, but I've heard it from multiple Nikon reps.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin