Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,993   Posts: 1,524,250   Online: 1036

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    I'll second John's comment about the meter readout in the F3, I've not found it as useful as the meter display in the F2. The F3 doesn't show how much your exposure is out the way the F2 does. With the F2, I can see exactly how much over or under I am. But if you don't mind shooting in the auto mode, it's a lighter and easier to handle camera, and exposure compensation is easily dialed in.

After that, I must admit that my F2 is my preferred go-to camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko-If you want to be less battery dependent, then dump ALL your Nikon gear and invest in an Olympus OM-3 or 3T The battery only operates the meter-the OM-3 shutter is totally mechanical, and manual exposure setting. Do some research and you might crave one.
    BTW- did you shoot the band with the XA? If so - how did it go?
    Rick

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus schluschen View Post
    Hello Marko,

I am with Mike, the F3 is a great camera. I used it many times with a large Metz and sometimes with a Vivitar 385. The Vivitar comes with a very sturdy spiral cord but you have to use a hotshoe. The sensor stays on the hotshoe and you can move the flash freely away from the camera. The hot shoe for the F3 is the AS-4. It slides and locks on the rewind.

Marcus
    Ditto:

A workhorse, I won't talk about the batteries on this rig.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ralnphot View Post
    Marko-If you want to be less battery dependent, then dump ALL your Nikon gear and invest in an Olympus OM-3 or 3T The battery only operates the meter-the OM-3 shutter is totally mechanical, and manual exposure setting. Do some research and you might crave one.
    BTW- did you shoot the band with the XA? If so - how did it go?
    Rick
    Rick,

I'm considering dumping all of my Nikon gear and buying a Vogitlander 15mm f4.5 screwmount with finder for my Barnack[screwmount] Leica III.

Regarding the band shoot, here's the thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum52/6...al-photos.html
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If I were backing up from an f3 I'd have to go to a Nikkormat or F, never liked the balance of the F2 with motor.

Mike

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    If I were backing up from an f3 I'd have to go to a Nikkormat or F, never liked the balance of the F2 with motor.

Mike
    But the sound from an MD-2 is classic.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    True, I used one for some time, but the F3 HP just balances better for me.

The F with F36 balanced well, but reloading that camera with a motor drive was a pain.

Nikkormats, I'd go with the EL2 every time.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwagoshi View Post
    But the sound from an MD-2 is classic.
    I agree...That click-clack and whirrrrr of the MD2 motor is hard to miss.
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For the non-pro Nikons, I typically skip the EL series altogether and just go with an FE or FE2, if I want aperture-priority. By the time the 3rd generation "EL" (aka the FE) bodies came out, Nikon got things right, even though the mirror lockup went away, as did the full compatibility with bulb flash. For manual exposure, anything from the FTn on up through the FM2n is good.

F2 motor drive-wise, I typically prefer the MD-1, in that it doesn't develop the duck quacking sound that the later MD-2's do, due to the nylon gears that fail in those drives.

-J
    APUG: F4, F3P, F2ASx2, F
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 35/2 O, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.8 AF, 50/2 H, 85/1.8 K, 105/4 Micro AIS

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F3HP all the way. I have 3 for years and have never failed me. I use an SB-24 with the adaptor. Great pictures. Exposures are dead on all the time. All of them with an MD-4

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin