Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,988   Online: 821

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Love my F3s as stated before. I have 3 with a combination of DE-2 and DE-3 VFs. All presently outfitted with 20/2.8, 24/2.8, and 28/2.0 lenses w/ 35/2.0 and 50/1.4 getting use occasionally as well.

Stupid things on the F3: The on-switch and the illumination for the meter (dumb design). Other than that they're great.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love the F3, if you can dump a mediocre flash and get a superb camera in return, what's to lose? You can pick up a mighty Metz CT45 for very little these days since the old version was produced in the thousands and is not digital compatible so they're being sold off widely. With the right SCA adaptor you can even use it TTL on the F3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    F3hp is the way to go, I have 2, both bought new in the mid 80's. Both have had literally thousands of rolls run through them, I use either an SB16 or metz 60CT-2's and TTL is typically dead on everytime.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by clayne View Post
    ...Stupid things on the F3: The on-switch and the illumination for the meter (dumb design). Other than that they're great.
    It is a shame that the switch on the F3 isn't like the one on (my) F4s...VERY easy to use, and very positive...And it lights up the viewfinder VERY well.

Another "stupid" thing with the F3 is the fairly slow flash synch...It makes fill-flash outdoors pretty tough.

Other than those 2 quirks, I love my pair of F3HP almost as much as I love my F4s...Almost....
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin