Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,018   Online: 976

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Shooter
    35mm
    I didn't like the XA when it first came out. It just looked too flimsy. A neighbor bought one, against my advice. It broke a few weeks later and she asked me to bring it to the cmaera stor I worked at part-time, not the store where she bought it. For occasional delicate use I'm sure an XA is capable of good results. It certainy has an elegant design and the person who designed it, Maitani, just died. For more constant use an old Nikkormat wil be far more reliable. When I got married, almost 20 yars ago, there were two photographers at the wedding. One has a Bronica ETR and the other a Hasselblad. Most of the album photos were 8X10" with some cropping. The Bronica and Hasselblad photos were equally good. Once you get past a certain level of quality it's the skill of the photographer which is the important factor. Various camera types can be used to photograpoh a wedding. If you make sure the equipment is in working order and practice using it before the wedding you will save the bride and groom and yourself a lot of grief. It doesn't hurt it bring a back-up camera and flash either.

Shooter
    35mm
    I like the XA and I think it's capable of the job but people simply won't trust you with such a camera. It's not fair but that the way it is.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Marko,

now you know why I told you years ago to get an FM2.

You wouldn't be having these problems. *L*

tim in san jose
    Where ever you are, there you be.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter View Post
    Marko,

now you know why I told you years ago to get an FM2.

You wouldn't be having these problems. *L*

tim in san jose
    I got a Leica now, so no more problems!
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dynachrome View Post
    I didn't like the XA when it first came out. It just looked too flimsy. A neighbor bought one, against my advice. It broke a few weeks later and she asked me to bring it to the cmaera stor I worked at part-time, not the store where she bought it. For occasional delicate use I'm sure an XA is capable of good results. [...] It doesn't hurt it bring a back-up camera and flash either.
    I don't know.
    I used to stuff an XA in the pocket of my jeans when out hiking. It survived many, many miles of rough and wet terrain. Still works perfectly today.
    (To put it in perspective: a 'smart phone' i carried the same way - for the GPS it had - didn't survive its first trip).

I too thought the XA might not survive rough treatment, and had bought a spare.
    The spare still works perfectly too

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Markok765 View Post
    I got a Leica now, so no more problems!
    How about a good lens for your Leica?

Shooter
    35mm
    I dropped my XA2 on the sidewalk hard once and the back popped open. I lost only the latest 6-8 frames. Now I secure the back with a bit of electrical tape.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    How about a good lens for your Leica?
    The J-8s quite good, and everything else for screwmount is expensive!
    Maybe the CV 15mm f4.5! APUG can get me a b-day present
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Oh lord, don't use an XA, please... I looked it up and thought it was a P&S... :rolleyes:
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin