Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,622   Online: 754

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Rollei 35 shutter slow

If the slower shutter speeds on my Rollei 35 are slow (1/15 stays open for a second when held down) and every speed below 1/30 is basically B, is that mean that the shutter speeds 1/30 and above have to be slower too? They sound ok, but good enough for slide film? I'm leaving on a trip and this camera is so small it's the only one I'm allowed to bring, and I don't have time for a test roll, so.. What do you think? With the shutter having to be constantly wound, I'm sure I'm not the only one where this problem has developed.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No, It means the slow speed escapement is gummed up. The escapement only comes into play at below 1/30.
    The higher speeds may be off by a bit but if you're shooting color neg or B&W you should be OK.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin