Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,247   Online: 976

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Olympus om1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They are junk. Please contact me off list for my address and you can send it to me for disposal. Just kidding. Love the OM 1 and OM 1n. I have about 20 of them and use them in a basic photo class I teach. Zuiko glass tends to be pretty spectacular. You may need to send it to John Hermanson at zuiko.com for a CLA at some point. He cleans them up and brings them back to factory specs and also converts it to use modern batteries. Enjoy your OM, it will become a trusted friend. Bill Barber

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I got an OM-1 when one of my co-workers brought his in with some accessories (and a 50 mm lens) and came to my desk and asked if I wanted it. He said if I didn't want it, then he was going to toss the whole package into the lab trash can. The camera and lens were in mint condition complete with an instruction manual in German (he is originally from there). He used it for his family's trips and whatnot but was "going digital". I have since acquired the following lenses for it: a 35-70 mm, a 135 mm and a 70-300 mm. Great stuff.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have an OM1 and an OM2n. I bought them last year / earlier this year and love them dearly. I had the same combo in the late 70's / early 80's but swapped to Canon following recommendation from a pro friend of mine. This proved not to be a good move as I found the A1 to be very 'clunky' to operate, it was entirely dependent on battery power and, rather shockingly, it 'died' on me half way through a wedding.

Conversely, my OMs were very reliable, if a tad small and lightweight in my thick fingers - but never let me down. My current lens collection is 24/f2.8, 35/f2.8, 2x50/f1.4, 100/f2.8 and 75-150/f4. The only lens I'm not really keem on is the zoom. It's fine optically but not very bright to focus compared to the others - any my eyesight isn't that good to start with!

Like a classic car, keep it well serviced and it'll provide you with years of pleasure.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Great camera. Small, light and it feels solid and well made. I love the metal feeling in my hand. I've held digi SLRS and they're trash for me, so much plastic... yuck
    I love it, while the 50 f1.8 is not the best lens, it works wonders with this camera. The lower range lenses are good performers, and in build quality, the modern kit zooms feel like trash. I can't really add anything, since they've said all about the camera.
    Guess where does my avatar come from...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Could be: M-1, OM-1 or OM-1n

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've always been a Nikon guy and after reading a very interesting post on Rangefinderforum.com regarding a member who bought an OM-1 for cheap, I went and bid on one on Ebay and won an OM-1, 50mm 1.8, 28mm 3.5 and a 35-70mm 3.6 for $160.00.

I shot a roll last week with the camera and LOVE it. It feels very comfortable, film advance is very smooth.

I actually just bought another OM-1n md from a member of Rangefinderforum and it just arrived home!!

Good luck

Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    What is the sync speed for the OM-1 and OM-2n?

I know they have dedicated flash units, but for using a flash with the PC sync connector, it would be useful to know what the sync speed is. One can use any speed slower than the sync speed then, and flash should work depending on the balance between ambient and flash-provided light.

Also, I can't figure out any way to do daylight fill flash with the OM2n and T-32 flash. With the TTL flash metering, there's no way to trick the flash into under-exposing.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The maximum synch speed is 1/60 of a second for both cameras.

For fill flash, you need to use something other than TTL flash metering.

I would flip the calculator panel over and use the auto-flash feature instead, with the actual aperture one stop smaller than that which is indicated on the calculator panel.

Most likely you will need to adjust the exposure compensation as well on the camera - with the amount depending on how much backlighting you have.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I never understood the calculator panel thing. I think I need to RTFM. I don't understand how the T-32 flash could have auto-flash anyway, since I can't see a sensor anywhere on the thing.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterSense View Post
    Yeah I never understood the calculator panel thing. I think I need to RTFM. I don't understand how the T-32 flash could have auto-flash anyway, since I can't see a sensor anywhere on the thing.
    The sensor is small and near the word Olympus on the front.

The manual is actually quite a pleasure to use.

Matt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin