Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,702   Posts: 1,548,431   Online: 1017

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How to replace a Rollei 35 battery cap?

Got my mothers Rollei 35 some weeks ago. It lacks the battery cap (it is 29 years old...). I can use it without batteries, but I thought it would be a nice touch if I can get the exposure meter to work. I know I shouldn't trust an old CdS meter, but it would be nice. My first plan was just to ram the hole full of tin foil or something more practical, can anyone who has one draw a sketch on how the contacts in the cap looks like, where do they go? Or better yet, if it's a standard thread on the cap, maybe I can do one myself? Or are there replacements available?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Is this any help:

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    olleorama,

Why shouldn't you trust an old CDS meter?

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ic-racer,

Your manual sketch shows a later version with a different battery compartment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by AgX View Post
    olleorama,

Why shouldn't you trust an old CDS meter?
    Hmm, I got a feeling they sometimes drift with the years? Or at least compared to my sekonic.

And yes, you are right the sketch shows another model. I'm talking about the classic rollei 35, where the battery hatch is inside the camera, above the film. The cap is screwed in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might try a camera repair joint or several for a parts camera or just the cap.
    It used a PX13/625 1.35V mercury battery and the + side was the main case. The - was on the bottom and about 1/4" dia. The Wein cell is a drop in replacement but is short lived. If you can find the cap a better option is an adapter from C.R.I.S. or installing a diode in series with the meter.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you could also try pacific rim camera. they carry a whole bunch of things like that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin