Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,928   Online: 867

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Calling all Nikkormat Users/Lovers

Any Nikkormat users out there? Please feel free to submit content such as photos of your camera/ or photos taken with it, and/or experiences/stories at http://www.nikkormat.tumblr.com

The first nikkormat i ever saw was being used in a portrait studio in the philippines day in/day out, built like a tank and
    reliable and underated compared to the other Nikons. Many FTN's are now over 40 years old and still going strong. They are now becoming fashionable again often for there 'retro' looks /and build quality and many under 25 year olds are now experiencing the delight of having a 'real camera' and using film in the digital age.

Shooter
    35mm
    I just recently (in the last couple of months) bought an FT2 off of a friend of mine, and I've put about 7-8 rolls of film through it so far. Maybe 10, I don't remember.

In any case, I love shooting it because it's so simple, and everything just works... as long as I don't keep the film advance cocked and loaded while I store it, or else the shutter jams on it, causing the shutter to release slowly (even if I had the shutter speed at something like 1/500 it'll release like it was on 1/4 or something slow like that).

I don't have a whole lot of the negs from this film scanned, and what I do have scanned are generally the prints that are scanned, but I have a few on my flickr account.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sosidew...7620673182501/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well I could upload a couple thousand 4x6 minilab type scans, but that surely will ruin the reputation of Nikon's optics. I've had one (FTN) for 25 years, it is good companion to my older F and the other more recently acquired F's and Nikkormats living in camera cases.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have 2 Nikkormats FTn; one Black; one Silver. And a Nikkormat FT2, but I'm not going to bore you with pictures of the last decades. Never a problem. Built like tanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I got my Nikkormat Ftn I think six years ago because I liked the look of the family shots my dad took in the early 1970s, especially with Tri-x and Kodachrome.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Images
    I bought an FTn late last year when I saw one going for less than $40 (with shipping) on Ebay. I liked it so well that I just bought an FT2 in the same price range. The mechanics of these cameras are remarkably smooth, comparable to my Leica IIIf, and the shutter/mirror mechanism is very quiet for an SLR. I will scan and post a few samples as soon as the prints dry.
    -------------------------------
    Peter Schauss

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have an old FTN that I inherited in the mid 1970s. What got me started developing my own B&W film in the mid 70s was the lousy B&W prints (very gray, with no contrast) that I got back from the local drug store from this camera. I was in 9th grade and the guy at the counter told me that if I wanted to get good B&W prints you had to do it yourself.

I used that camera extensively for 5 or 6 years while working for a newspaper, and shot many weddings for a studio with it back in the last 70s to early 80s. Recently got back into B&W film and set up a darkroom. The camera works as well as I remembered it did. Recently added another FTN from Evilb@y, and just bought a Nikon F2 with 50mm F2, and 85mm F1.8 lenses (both with AI and pre-AI intefaces) for $125 total from Craigslist!

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought my black FT3 a few years ago for $120. It now sits on my desk with a 45mm f2.8 GN Nikkor that a friend gave me, waiting to deliver wonderful images again. I usually shoot MF or my Leica M3 first choice, but I like to get back to my roots wtih the FT3 once in a while. I love the weight and the build quality. I'd really like to add a 35mm f2 to it, if I get the chance. I also used it to great result with the last two rolls of Kodak HIE that I had.

Shooter
    35mm
    I would love to add a second FT2 to my staple, just so I can have either different speed films in each, or a roll of color film in one, and a roll of b&w film in the other.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My FT3 has been working fine with an increasing number of lenses since I bought it new in 1977. I was lucky without knowing it -- the FT3 was the first Nikkormat model that took the easy-to-find #76 silver-oxide cells. The meters in the previous models took the now illegal #625 mercury batteries.

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin