Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,773   Posts: 1,484,407   Online: 1090

Shooter
    35mm

MF23 Troubleshooting..?

I've fitted an MF23 to my F4s and am having some difficulties with the data imprinting:
    After running two films through the camera, I have yet to see *any* between frame printing - I have been trying to print the exposure information between frames. (I haven't tried the 'in frame' printing yet, but I really don't want to reduce the usable image area when printing).

Has anyone any tips on troubleshooting this thing? I have 'PRINT' highlighted on the screen, and the appropriate information in the bottom-left of the screen... Perhaps the intensity is wrong (set to A)??

Somewhat perplexing! I suppose I shall have to try and imprint some data on the frame instead/as well and see if that works...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've set both of mine to "L" as it appears to do a good job with just about all film types, bar Delta 3200.

Press the FNC button until the bar indicator in the LCD is on the bottom row - left half for between-frame printout and right half for in-frame print. Make sure that then there is something showing in the LCD: ideally, it should show the speed/aperture, use the MOD button to get that set.

On reversal films - colour negative and b/w - it's very hard to see the printed information. On slide film it's a lot easier. The numbers are very small, you will definitely need a loupe to read them properly.
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks - I will try the 'L' setting. Of course, if the numbers are small, then I may just be missing 'em! I'll have a closer look this evening.

So far I've only tried it with B&W negative film...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin